**Revived** Forum Member Map

AirmetTango

Forum Supporter
Below is a link to a map showing locations of other forum members who might be interested in getting together as a hunting buddy or for group hunts:

FMDF Member Map

The hope is that this map can be useful for new members looking for a mentor, veteran members who might be traveling/vacationing looking for a hunting partner, or any number of ways we might want to connect with our fellow FMDF members.

To get placed on the map, you'll need to either send me a PM or post a message to this thread. In an effort to make the map as useful as possible, let me know what type of hunting you enjoy (relic, coin shooting, beach, park, group/organized hunts, etc), the equipment you use, or any other details you'd like to add. Likewise, if you ever want your information changed or removed, contact me and I'll get it done as soon as possible.

Any long time members who were on the original map, please check to see if you are still listed - the original map got corrupted in the past and many of the original "pins" were lost. Also, I plan to be proactive with the map - as new members post their introductions, I'll greet them and offer to place them on the map. Lastly, I'll do my best to keep the map up-to-date by periodically going through the list and eliminating pins for members who have been inactive on the forum for more than a year.

Credit for the idea for this map belongs to forum member Zerosum, who initially created and maintained a similar map. I helped maintain the original map recently along with Zerosum. Unfortunately, Zerosum hasn't been active on the forum lately - since then, I could no longer control the settings for the original map, which led to several problems keeping it maintained.

Attachments

• AirmetTango_FMDF_Member_Map.jpg
    AirmetTango_FMDF_Member_Map.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 5,791
Last edited:
What info do you need for location?

Cliff

I think we already got this squared away in our PMs, but for the sake of others who are reading, it's up to you how vague or specific you want to be. I would recommend nothing more than a town name with state (or country, in the case of members located outside of the USA). With that information, I can just put the pin at the center of the town, which is good enough to give fellow members an accurate idea of your location.

I think we already got this squared away in our PMs, but for the sake of others who are reading, it's up to you how vague or specific you want to be. I would recommend nothing more than a town name with state (or country, in the case of members located outside of the USA). With that information, I can just put the pin at the center of the town, which is good enough to give fellow members an accurate idea of your location.
I would think that should be sufficient. I sent you what I had so you could use what you needed. Thanks for doing the map.

Cliff

I'm going to add layers to the map to add pins for clubs and events, cross-referenced with the "Clubs, Hunts, and Events" section. Hopefully it will add to the usefulness of the map, and keeps in the spirit of helping folks who are interested in finding a hunting partner.

Club pins are blue, Events are red, FMDF member are green.

Last edited:
FMDF member pins are now linked to their member list profile page - just click on their name on the map pin!

Love the base map, especially the script used for the oceans and seas. Beautfiul. Is there a way for you to have the location icon scale in size depending on the zoom level, or hidden at certain zoom levels? I know this can be done in ArcGIS and other such GIS programs but not sure about these online mapping applications - unless the underlying engine is Arc for this map.

No Canadians on record? I assume you can use postal codes in this map, as you have a group shown in Hamilton (where I was born - GoTiCats!)

Ohhhhh great, now there are two people in Wisconsin with metal detectors?????? I thought I had free reign. This could cut my finds in half------i quit!

Ha!

Thanks Airmet! This map is great :)
We are currently traveling through southern AZ, then NM and then TX on our way to the Garrett Memorial Hunt. This will be great for trying to find someone to hunt with!

I see no one listed for NM, but several around the Houston area, so maybe I’ll try those folks :)

If anyone is along thee southern route from CA to East TX and interested, I’d love to meet up even just for a tot lot session :)

We will be headed back to CA via northern TX, NM and AZ after the Garrett hunt which takes place the last weekend of March 2019

My wife and I are traveling full time at the moment in a tiny rv, so my pin would be moving constantly, but I will request a pin when we settle back down somewhere for sure.

Big thanks again to AirmetTango for making this map happen!

All the best to everyone.

You can also add our local Salt Lake City Club

N.U.T.S.
National Utah Token Society
Salt Lake City Utah

Sort of a dating site? You know what would be super helpful? How about listing all the lonely rich Wimmen living beachfront, seeking a reliable alcoholic elderly boat handler knot untyer pussgut Male conversationalist cat and poet reciter, pool skimmer boy, BMW mechanic, palm frond iguana eradicator and shiatsu massuese?

Pics of course would be helpful..of the boat, its like damn! Cut out the formalities! ..Its obvious that Boston Whaler got fitted with the wrong pitched prop!..:laughing:.

Thanks for adding me. I’m the eastern most detectorist in the US :cool:

Ha!

Thanks Airmet! This map is great :)
We are currently traveling through southern AZ, then NM and then TX on our way to the Garrett Memorial Hunt. This will be great for trying to find someone to hunt with!

I see no one listed for NM, but several around the Houston area, so maybe I’ll try those folks :)

If anyone is along thee southern route from CA to East TX and interested, I’d love to meet up even just for a tot lot session :)

We will be headed back to CA via northern TX, NM and AZ after the Garrett hunt which takes place the last weekend of March 2019

My wife and I are traveling full time at the moment in a tiny rv, so my pin would be moving constantly, but I will request a pin when we settle back down somewhere for sure.

Big thanks again to AirmetTango for making this map happen!

All the best to everyone.
I'm in Southeast Texas in Beaumont. Not much in this area but we do have tot lots or a trip to Bolivar Peninsula for the beach.

Cliff

Back
Top Bottom