Pound the Ground October - NY

... on land that has already been hunted to death by the promoter and his buddies.

He's also stated that he's detected the site, along with his buddies....

What's really interesting is that he hasn't stated what they found there. If it was something valuable or historical, wouldn't they mention it?

You’ve stated several times that the promoter and his buddies have hunted the event site quite a bit...in fact, “hunted to death” implies you have information that the site could well have been hunted out, and the promoters are intentionally scamming their customers. Where exactly did you hear, read, or see that this accusation is true?

I’m not going to Pound the Ground, have no interest in going, and I have no relation to the promoters whatsoever, but I have heard the promoters speak on several different podcasts about Pound the Ground, and they have stated repeatedly that they have not hunted the site. So either they are committing fraud, or your claims are incorrect.

From the interviews I’ve heard from the people putting this on is that the majority of the land has not been detected and not by them. I can’t remember if it was relic radio or American digger or maybe both.

Both...those are the two podcasts I listen to regularly. They’ve been on Relics Radio at least twice and I heard them on American Digger once, and on each occasion, Nathan Mathews (one of the promoters) has stated that as far as they know, the site has not been hunted.

Sorry, you are incorrect. I'm not going back through three months of his posts on Facebook, but he did state that he (and his buddies) had detected the site.

Now that you've got me going on this event again, check out the disclaimer he posted today:

"Pound the Ground cannot be held responsible if the event must be cancelled to any circumstance beyond our control. If a situation does occur that prohibits the event taking place Pound the ground will not issue refunds, but honor tickets purchased for a future event."

If the event is cancelled, he should refund the money. It will be bad enough if 1,250 people lose out on all the money they've spent on gas and lodging. But to refuse to refund the ticket money is ridiculous. Does he expect 1,250 people to come back in a week or two or maybe Spring 2020? He's on VERY shaky legal ground with that disclaimer, especially since it looks like he just added it after 850 people have bought tickets.

Sorry for being such a downer. I'm sure you'll have a blast. Good luck and be sure to give us all the details of the event.

No worry’s. I’m not taking anything you say as personal. Possibly after this is all said and done, you will have made the best choice to not attend because it turned out to be a flop. Am I concerned that it could be? Yes but I also think that with all the well known personalities that will be there that the promoters will be doing what they can to make it enjoyable. To many people to write up bad reviews and I’ll certainly get on the phone and call in to those programs and let them know what I thought of it if I feel like it was poorly run and managed. Hoping for the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, you are incorrect. I'm not going back through three months of his posts on Facebook, but he did state that he (and his buddies) had detected the site.

All these metal detecting sites are going to force me to join Facebook yet. Been fighting for years but I feel like I’m in a losing battle now

I’m not going to Pound the Ground, have no interest in going, and I have no relation to the promoters whatsoever, but I have heard the promoters speak on several different podcasts about Pound the Ground, and they have stated repeatedly that they have not hunted the site. So either they are committing fraud, or your claims are incorrect.

Well, I guess they're committing fraud, in your opinion. Here's a screenshot of the post from 4 months ago. I would never post any false info here, especially if it could be harmful to someone's reputation.

Attachments

• relics (2).jpg
    relics (2).jpg
    9 KB · Views: 188
Let's try that again! Still too small, but you should be able to read it. If you want to go to RI Relics FB page and view it, the podcast was posted on May 12th.

Attachments

• ri relics (2).jpg
    ri relics (2).jpg
    11 KB · Views: 214
I was attacked by the above poster and defended my comments. No agenda, I just know that my experience at the last Pound the Ground was not pleasant. I stood in the rain for 45 minutes waiting to get into the event, had to listen to his daughter sing for 1/2 hour before we could resume detecting and then the raffle took forever to go through.

Overall, not a great experience for me. I'm very skeptical that he'll be able to handle 1,250 people at this event when he didn't handle 200 people very well at his last event.

I was attacked by the above poster and defended my comments. No agenda, I just know that my experience at the last Pound the Ground was not pleasant.

Ok, I can understand now that it's because of your last experience there..
I am there to hang out with friends while detecting looking at the scenery and maybe find something in the meantime.. So as long as the hunt goes on I'm good..

I am not doing the seeded hunt, just no interest in them..

Oh I see you updated your post with some more details... Yes that would put a sour taste in your mouth. Hopefully she was a good singer.

I’m sorry to hear that last years wasn’t good. All I can do is hope they got some bugs worked out. I hope I wasn’t the person you thought was getting on you as that wasn’t my intention. Just throwing in my two cents to the conversation. Somewhere I read a review that sounded a lot like what you were talking about

I was attacked by the above poster and defended my comments.

My intent wasn’t to attack you, I was just asking where you got your information from because it didn’t match what I had heard the promoters say on several podcasts.

Here’s a link to the Relics Radio podcast from 17 days ago, with Nathan Matthews stating he has not detected the site at the 72 min mark:

Relics Radio, Season 2 Episode 46

I apologize if you felt attacked. I was simply interested in getting to the bottom of a possible discrepancy in how the event site is being characterized by the promoter.

Again, I have no dog in this hunt, so I’ll just butt out.

No problem, guys. I was positive they had mentioned detecting the land. Maybe Nathan hasn't and it was some of the other guys promoting the event. I don't remember them ever referring to it as a virgin spot, so they're not trying to con anyone.

Decided to check this out. Hanging out at the Days Inn waiting for tomorrows hunt. First time ever doing this. Only 6 hrs from home so why not. Any advice on how to approach the hunt? Having fun is the first order of business. Thanks!

Looks interesting. Might have to check this out.

Last edited:
The seeded hunt has been changed from Saturday to Sunday. Check out their FB page to see the explanation. I wonder if that will mess things up for those who only wanted to do the seeded hunt on Saturday...

P.S. Sorry, wrong info. Please ignore!

Last edited:
I was always under the impression that the seeded hunt was Sunday. I tried to go to the meet and greet and it was packed. They ended up shutting it down and kicking everyone out because they were way over capacity for the space. I was kind of afraid that would happen. I will give the promoters this in that during interviews that they brought up that this is a work in progress and hopefully it gets better each time. The people that I’ve run into at the hotel and even wallyworld tonight seem pumped up for it. See what happens tomorrow. At least I got half off my ticket for being a veteran and the scenery through the hills is beautiful. Good luck tomorrow to anyone hunting wherever you are hunting.

Sorry, you are correct. Not sure why he mentioned it in his latest video. He said he was having issues with tickets or something.

Back
Top Bottom