Just traded in my Ace 200 for the AT Pro!

MdMikeH

HI everyone!

I just traded in my Ace 200 for a used AT Pro from a local dealer. I got a great deal on the Pro, and I'm super excited to use it. I've read the manual and watched videos My question is: Can anyone here give me some basic pointers on using this machine? I know how it works, but this is a completely different animal than the 200 I had. I'm looking for tips that you won't find in the book.....
Thanks!

Mike

I would do a factory reset from the door..Hold in the power button until it comes on,and continue to hold until the machine beeps a few times and then it will be silent,then release the power button.
Run sens up all the way,put iron audio up to 40 until you get usto the machine..Make sure the actual iron audio isn’t activated,it’s noisey if it is,just shut it off.

Pro Zero, sensitivity max unless it is too noisy/unstable.
Iron disc at 35. iron audio off. you can turn it on over a target to see if it helps in target id.

I run mine with iron audio off. I turn the iron audio up to 40.
Max out the sensitivity .
I discriminate nothing else.
You gotta use the headphones
I run in pro mode only!
Go out and practice! Good luck!

Pro Zero mode for me, Iron Disc at zero, Iron Audio off, Max Sensitivity. I hear everything and decide what to dig.

Just playing around in the park, the pro coin mode, iron up, sens a bar or 2 down makes for a good clad hunt with some silver jewelry and coins. You will miss out on pull tabs and gold rings.

HI everyone!

I just traded in my Ace 200 for a used AT Pro from a local dealer. I got a great deal on the Pro, and I'm super excited to use it. I've read the manual and watched videos My question is: Can anyone here give me some basic pointers on using this machine? I know how it works, but this is a completely different animal than the 200 I had. I'm looking for tips that you won't find in the book.....
Thanks!

Mike

40 60 70 is a good target deep

One major difference is that the 200 had motion pinpointing (no pinpoint function) which isn't as accurate as a detector with non motion pinpointing which is most every detector. Pinpointing with the Double D coil is a bit different than with a concentric but once you get the hang of it you'll be able to find your targets a lot easier. Watch a Garrett video and see the "wiggle method" which is very accurate.

Pro Zero mode for me, Iron Disc at zero, Iron Audio off, Max Sensitivity. I hear everything and decide what to dig.

this is a good way to start and good way to keep hunting. AT Pro is a very good machine and is not tricky or hard to learn to use. Many, many hunters do very well with this machine.

Back
Top Bottom