Morning hunt cracks a record

LongJohnSilver1

Elite Member
Another cold one this morning, I was skeptical of the ring with the blue stones until I got home and saw PT stamped inside and it passed the platinum acid test

12 gram of platinum, 3.97 for the 18k gold ring. I think the blue stones are sapphires? they move my diamond tester but it's not positive. Probably my best week yet.

Attachments

• 20210515_121840.jpg
    20210515_121840.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 836
I intend on keeping this party going as long as possible. There's a lot more out there, I need a thicker wetsuit so I can stay out longer. This lot took me 3 hours

my "PT" hallmark stands for "pressed tinfoil" which if I am not mistaken rings up just about the same is platinum. Platinum is much better! Congratulations LJS1 ! That's an amazing week!

:dingding: VERY NICE! Love to see those nice honkers. Keep riding that money train.

An update on the gold ring. The markers stamp is from a well known jeweller that worked here between 1895 and 1905 and holds a fair bit of name value. It could be worth a lot more than melt.

.... platinum rings are their 95% pure and it's heavier than gold.

For some reason platinum rings don't like me. They "run and hide" when they see me coming :mad: In over 45 yrs, I've only ever found 1 or 2. My long-time hunting buddy is at 6 or 7 now. It's JUST NOT FAIR ! :laughing:

An update on the gold ring. The markers stamp is from a well known jeweller that worked here between 1895 and 1905 and holds a fair bit of name value. It could be worth a lot more than melt.

Nice OLD gold and Plat! Still looking for the plat, not even sure what it would show up as on the 800.

For some reason platinum rings don't like me. They "run and hide" when they see me coming :mad: In over 45 yrs, I've only ever found 1 or 2. My long-time hunting buddy is at 6 or 7 now. It's JUST NOT FAIR ! :laughing:

They aren't common that's for sure. Plus when you consider it's got an SG of 21 vs an range of 11 - 19 for gold rings they sink a lot deeper.

Back
Top Bottom