Raptor Handle

Canada Swinger

Hi all, I am just new to the hobby and bought a Dune Kraken 11″ x 8″ Stainless Steel scoop and found an old curling broom handle to use with it. I am going to put a Raptor pull handle on it also and was just wondering about how far up from the scoop should I install it.

Thats a lot of scoop for that handle especially in the water or wet sand. I use a nylon shovel handle... they are completely sealed and already have a wooden dowel in them and are made for work.... for about $20 bucks hard to beat. BUT... mine gets a LOT of abuse. Interesting choice thou. I just figure for their purpose they must be light weight.

Hi all, I am just new to the hobby and bought a Dune Kraken 11″ x 8″ Stainless Steel scoop and found an old curling broom handle to use with it. I am going to put a Raptor pull handle on it also and was just wondering about how far up from the scoop should I install it.

I use my raptor handle to help me lift the scoop when it's full of sand without having to bend my back or stretch out my wrist and arm too much. So I put it at a spot on the handle where it best fits where I need it to be when I do that. Other people place them at different locations for different reasons.

Thats a lot of scoop for that handle especially in the water or wet sand. I use a nylon shovel handle... they are completely sealed and already have a wooden dowel in them and are made for work.... for about $20 bucks hard to beat. BUT... mine gets a LOT of abuse. Interesting choice thou. I just figure for their purpose they must be light weight.

Yes it is light weight but it took a lot of me leaning on it when sweeping the stones when I curled. Now I don't curl anymore and I have two of them kicking around. So the price is right. If they don't hold up then I will have to do something else at that time.

Back
Top Bottom