Anyone swinging a NEL with their Sov or Excal?

gfatizzi

I needed a waterproof beach coil to go with my 8" CoinSearch and I figured this would make a good 2-coil combo for my Sov XS. The Coinsearch is actually pretty good in the trash only being 7 1/4" actual size so I figured the 12X13 would get me the extra depth of a larger coil as well. Got a great deal on one for $139 brand new. Lowest price I saw before I ordered was $162 so I think I did pretty well. Anyone use one currently or have used one in the past? Curious to see how they liked it. HH, George

I recently compared the NEL 15” to the Coiltek WOT in another thread.

NEL vs. WOT coils

I think the tones and depth were comparable, but honestly, I was so put off with the thing tugging at my hip, I quickly switched back to the WOT and sold the NEL.

But hey, if you want ketchup on your baked potato and sour cream on your French fries…

:cool3:

R5

In the early days I ran a sunray 12". I guess it depends what part of the beach? If in water I really do not like even a 12" coil as they are hard to swing and pinpoint in water.

I sold the Sunray 12" and stuck with the stock 10" for water.

Yeah I really liked the 10" Tornado coil myself but they are so hard to come by! I made a couple offers to a guy selling a used one on "that auction site" (Midalake?) but I guess he wasn't THAT interested and just relisted twice for 6 days at a pop. He had an "out of box" new one as well but I felt he was asking a little too much so for $4 more than what he was starting his price on the used 10" tornado at, I found a brand new 12X13 NEL Tornado. I guess I will just have to wait and see how the coil pans out when I get it... HH George

Yeah I really liked the 10" Tornado coil myself but they are so hard to come by! I made a couple offers to a guy selling a used one on "that auction site" (Midalake?) but I guess he wasn't THAT interested and just relisted twice for 6 days at a pop. He had an "out of box" new one as well but I felt he was asking a little too much so for $4 more than what he was starting his price on the used 10" tornado at, I found a brand new 12X13 NEL Tornado. I guess I will just have to wait and see how the coil pans out when I get it... HH George

A new Sovereign 10" coil and Equinox 11"coil are about the same cost brand new. $230. Of course there are no more Sovereign coils.

How much would you expect to pay for a "used" sovereign coil?
How about a new coil that was not used?

Back
Top Bottom