• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

slump busted! Old Gold 1924 10k

off the iron

Elite Member
Finally! First gold I've dug since Aug of 2018, and busted that slump in a big way. Dug this 1924 10k class ring last week, I haven't weighed it yet but its pretty beefy.

I've been so frustrated with my inability to dig a gold item that I began to keep all lame a#$ gold & nickel tones, starting after I moved to MA from Colorado at the end of 2019. I added a few pic's of what my hoard of beaver tails, pop-tops, pencil eraser ends, shotgun shells, bullet casings, screw tops and foil had grown to.

Since it's the first thing I ask when others find gold....the ring hit in at 12-28 on my CTX.

Also dug a 1944 P war nickel on that hunt as well, another type of target that I've struggled with. It's my second this year so hopefully the tide continues to turn. The tiny, and its crazy tiny, infinitely knot ring I believe is silver, though it hit low. It was deep and sounded like a nickel but cleaned right up with a bit of baking soda. It was definitely lost a long time ago and shows no signs of corrosion like you'd expect to see on aluminum. No markings on it that I can see, but its super small.

Attachments

• Insta.jpg
    Insta.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 346
  • 2. 1944 P_War Nickel_front.jpg
    2. 1944 P_War Nickel_front.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 329
  • 3. 1944 P_War Nickel_reverse.jpg
    3. 1944 P_War Nickel_reverse.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 329
  • 10. want to dig gold?.jpg
    10. want to dig gold?.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 333
What a great find. Love to see more pics of it and if you find any info on the owner, that would be cool.

Thanks! I have a pretty good idea who it belonged to, just doing a bit more research to confirm. They’ve been long dead, but looking into the possibility of returning it to a relative.

Holy smoke ! For starters, it's rare to find class rings that old. And judging from the pile of aluminum junk you dug : YOU EARNED IT ! Congratz.

Man thats a boatload of tabs and tops. Way to stick with it and congrats on the War nickel and the awesome looking class ring. Good luck, Mark

Nice ring with some history to it! I would love a gold class ring, have yet to find one of those. Congrats!

Congrats on breaking your slump. I have been there as well. Great pic of your other targets you acquired in the time to achieve that ring.

Holy smoke ! For starters, it's rare to find class rings that old. And judging from the pile of aluminum junk you dug : YOU EARNED IT ! Congratz.

Thanks Tom, I’m hunting places that I realize I’ll be digging these types of ratios on trash vs treasure helped me to push through. Still wish it came easier every once in a while!

Thanks Tom, I’m hunting places that I realize I’ll be digging these types of ratios on trash vs treasure helped me to push through. Still wish it came easier every once in a while!

that's a ton of ups and downs, but ohhh so worth it! 1924 vintage.fabulous find!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom