Model 1874 Eagle Belt Plate

Toasted

Elite Member
Found a few silvers and my first plate today while hunting along the river.

Attachments

• 43C88814-DFAB-4C71-B249-70F93B22EA76.jpg
    43C88814-DFAB-4C71-B249-70F93B22EA76.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 492
Toasted congrats on the silver and amazing belt plate, what a save. Ok I know zip about water hunting, so what did you mean about staying legal and the water line. You said you were hunting a river, I have read about restrictions on some ocean beaches. What else don't I know ? Thanks and good luck, Mark

Toasted congrats on the silver and amazing belt plate, what a save. Ok I know zip about water hunting, so what did you mean about staying legal and the water line. You said you were hunting a river, I have read about restrictions on some ocean beaches. What else don't I know ? Thanks and good luck, Mark

As far as I know land owners only own to the mean high water line on tidal waterways. So walking a beach at low tide is fine as long as you stay below where the water usually gets at high tide. Its so rural around here I doubt Ill ever see anyone around anyway

In Maryland I think there may be a law that bans detecting in almost all waterways but I think the intention of the law is to protect shipwrecks and the water in front of known historical sites. A DNR cop once saw me out detecting and he said I was fine

Wow what a sweet find on the belt plate, others nice too.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

As far as I know land owners only own to the mean high water line on tidal waterways. So walking a beach at low tide is fine as long as you stay below where the water usually gets at high tide. Its so rural around here I doubt Ill ever see anyone around anyway

In Maryland I think there may be a law that bans detecting in almost all waterways but I think the intention of the law is to protect shipwrecks and the water in front of known historical sites. A DNR cop once saw me out detecting and he said I was fine

Toasted, thanks for the info. Mark

Wow, love the belt plate. I would love to find one but about 100 miles too far north for that.

Steve

Wow, love the belt plate. I would love to find one but about 100 miles too far north for that.

Steve

Im nowhere near any civil war activity and besides this plate is indian wars. I imagine it being tossed or lost by a veteran or his family circa 1900-1920 based on where I found it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom