Japan, in the middle of Iowa?

Your absolutely right Tom. My grandfather served in the Navy in the Pacific during World War II. I used to enjoy looking over his Navy issue trunk full of "Japanese" artifacts he brought home from the War.

My grandpa only ever showed me the Walther and the bayonet he took from a guy who "didn't need them anymore."

Coolđź‘Ť Spent some time in Japan during the early 1980s, With the Marine Corp, brings back memories of good times, I like the wings, historical local promotional finds are always a good find, nice hunt,

My grandpa only ever showed me the Walther and the bayonet he took from a guy who "didn't need them anymore."

Just glad it wasn't the other way around! My grandfather spent two years on an island guarding an airstrip. The entire time, they knew there were Japanese soldiers hiding out in the caves on the island and coming and stealing food from the base occasionally. They finally surrendered when the war was over:laughing:

Coolđź‘Ť Spent some time in Japan during the early 1980s, With the Marine Corp, brings back memories of good times, I like the wings, historical local promotional finds are always a good find, nice hunt,

History and memories make this hobby oh so special!

Back
Top Bottom