My new sand scoop arrived

Junkbucket

The big brown truck delivered my new sand scoop today. My original came with a knee high handle, the sheet metal scoop was beat up from use, but served me well. I modded it with an aluminum extension pole I had laying around. The new scoop is a Dune Kraken, I'll get the extender pole mounted on it tonight and be ready for the icy waters this weekend.

It's a monster compared to my old scoop, looking forward to getting it out.
I'll have to figure out the pic thing, I have a few treasures I'd like to share.

Just looked it up on Amazon....looks nice...I'll be interested in a review....I'm looking for one that I can put a carbon fiber shaft on

It's pretty solid, the welds look deep and have all been ground clean.
The holes are smaller than I'm used to, but it sifted the sand in the old sandbox just fine.
I might try to get out with the knee boots this weekend.

It's pretty solid, the welds look deep and have all been ground clean.
The holes are smaller than I'm used to, but it sifted the sand in the old sandbox just fine.
I might try to get out with the knee boots this weekend.

I just got one also, seems to be good and solid.

Just looked it up on Amazon....looks nice...I'll be interested in a review....I'm looking for one that I can put a carbon fiber shaft on

I may be able to help with that.

The specs for this scoop say that the opening for the handle is 1.2" (30mm). That is the same spec for a CooB scoop, and I do build/sell CooB one-piece carbon-fiber scoop handles. I'd need a better measurement on that 1.2" opening; 1.2" is actually 30.48mm...and my CooB scoops are about 30.45mm diameter, for the portion that inserts into the "sleeve" of the scoop. But, if a 30.45mm diameter handle will work with these scoops, then I have them available...

Steve

I ordered one and like it so far (although I haven't been able to use it LOL) It seems solidly built, but the tube opening is too small for a 1.25" CF handle. I'll try to find my micrometer to get an actual measurement of the opening.

Back
Top Bottom