And the boxes came through again with some silver this week! :yes::yes:

Here is the Hunt, by box:

Box 1 - 1 Proof
Box 2 - 2 40% Ag Kens
Box 3 - 1 NIFC keeper
Box 4 - 1 40% Ag Ken, 1 Proof, 1 Au-plated Ken
Box 5 - 1 40% Ag Ken

Totals: 4 40% Ag Kens, 2 Proofs, 1 NIFC, 1 Au-plated Ken

And for some reason, the Royal Camera decided it liked these coins and got some decent pictures, compared to last weeks problems! :laughing::laughing:

Hope you enjoy the pics and to any other CRHers out there on the Forum, best of luck!

Attachments

• CRH 05 06 2021 4 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    CRH 05 06 2021 4 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 258
  • CRH 05 06 2021 2 Proof Kens 1 Au-plated Ken.jpg
    CRH 05 06 2021 2 Proof Kens 1 Au-plated Ken.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 230
Ok, king, you shall have a reply with the first veiw!

Thy royal camera has done thee great job at the royal pictures!

*stops Italian royal accent"

Anyway, good hunt! I'm picking up that 1969 Kennedy and what he called a "super shiny coin". I think he's talking about a reverse proof or whatever, he's the type of teller that knows about coins and doesn't call you for a dollar coin or SBA dollar.

I'm so excited for tommorow. Got a bag of cookies (disinfected, of course :lol:) for him.

Josh

Ok, king, you shall have a reply with the first veiw!

Thy royal camera has done thee great job at the royal pictures!

*stops Italian royal accent"

Anyway, good hunt! I'm picking up that 1969 Kennedy and what he called a "super shiny coin". I think he's talking about a reverse proof or whatever, he's the type of teller that knows about coins and doesn't call you for a dollar coin or SBA dollar.

I'm so excited for tommorow. Got a bag of cookies (disinfected, of course :lol:) for him.

Josh

First of all, a Royal Thanks for you, Metal Detecto! And Royal Best Wishes for what ye teller hath set aside for you! A Royal Guess is that ye teller hath come across a quality proof for your enjoyment! :D:D:lol:

That is one thing on KT's bucket list is to recover a reverse proof! KT has the set from 2014, purchased from the mint as a 50 year anniversary offering for the Kennedy half series, has regular clad Proof, silver proof, and reverse silver proof in the set, but finding one in circulation would be most unusual!

First of all, a Royal Thanks for you, Metal Detecto! And Royal Best Wishes for what ye teller hath set aside for you! A Royal Guess is that ye teller hath come across a quality proof for your enjoyment! :D:D:lol:

That is one thing on KT's bucket list is to recover a reverse proof! KT has the set from 2014, purchased from the mint as a 50 year anniversary offering for the Kennedy half series, has regular clad Proof, silver proof, and reverse silver proof in the set, but finding one in circulation would be most unusual!

Picked it up. It was just a really shiny 2020 but still, a NIFC. And 1969 was sweet. He liked the cookies a lot, and guess what, his brother (other bank) says that they were getting an order of some "HUGE COINS" which I think is an ike? Wish me luck! :D (I'm getting cookies for him too :yes:)

Josh

Picked it up. It was just a really shiny 2020 but still, a NIFC. And 1969 was sweet. He liked the cookies a lot, and guess what, his brother (other bank) says that they were getting an order of some "HUGE COINS" which I think is an ike? Wish me luck! :D (I'm getting cookies for him too :yes:)

Josh

Well, you got one and so did KT, last week! Glad to hear about the 1969!

Those huge coins could be halves or Ikes. If Ikes, buy as many as you can afford, then search them for silver and proofs...some years were 40% silver proofs. You will be looking for S mints and edge hunting them! Once circulated and though not used nowadays, the clad ones are only worth a $1 each, but you can leave them for tips at cafes! :laughing::laughing:

Well, you got one and so did KT, last week! Glad to hear about the 1969!

Those huge coins could be halves or Ikes. If Ikes, buy as many as you can afford, then search them for silver and proofs...some years were 40% silver proofs. You will be looking for S mints and edge hunting them! Once circulated and though not used nowadays, the clad ones are only worth a $1 each, but you can leave them for tips at cafes! :laughing::laughing:

Yeah, I can imagine the waiter staring at the Ike and going "is this legal tender?" :lol:

Josh

I like the AU plated bicentennial half KT, a real looker. Nice haul, congrats!

Yep, the back actually looks better than the front on that particular coin! Thanks, cellrdweller!

Congrats on the 40%ers and the NFICs KT, your getting me interested in hunting halfs.

KT encourages people to try this...there is so much to go around and it seems these halves boxes do not have major circulation from one area to another regionally. KT has been CRHing halves at 5 boxes/week since early 2012 and although it is certain He may have hunted a few boxes a second time, people are still dumping coins at such a rate that with halves there seems to be a reasonable rate of silver to be recovered! KT remembers a few years back one five box set He hunted had over $500 in NIFCs, and the next week the next set had about the same, but they were not the same boxes and KT has never seen them come back around.:lol::lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom