West suburbs of Chicago

andyo

Hi, I'm hoping to find some people to metal detect with in my general area. I live in Winfield and am willing to travel anywhere within an hour or so of here. I'm very interested in trying my hand at some river detecting or at least some older sites. I'm generally available on Sundays or Mondays. Thanks!

Welcome from McHenry County...I used to work in Winfield at Central Dupage Hospital many moons ago. You're not all that far from me. Never tried river hunting but it sounds like fun

I'm also in McHenry County looking for places and people to detect with.

Have you tried to get permission for Camp Logan which was a Illinois State Militia shooting range on the lake front of Lake Michigan from the 1890s to the 1970s?

My son and I really like that, I'm sure it will have a ton of relics.

Have you tried to get permission for Camp Logan which was a Illinois State Militia shooting range on the lake front of Lake Michigan from the 1890s to the 1970s?

My son and I really like that, I'm sure it will have a ton of relics.

I've never been there, but I'd love to check it out...it will likely have a lot of junk too unfortunately...but worth going for the goodies

Did you find someone to detect with?
Sonny Smith
630-542-8150

No meet ups yet.

I went to Waukegan Beach this week.

I want to do more in the water, but I need a long handle scoop so I can go into lake Michigan a bit further. I was finding some coins about 20 30 feet into the water, I suspect there is some jewelry in the water.

Back
Top Bottom