Another Hunt With My AT Pro -- Nothing To Brag About. . .

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
BUT I DID GET OUT (paying for it today -- OUCH)!

I wasn't hurting yesterday and it was a nice breezy 61 degrees and partly cloudy. Weatherman said scattered showers expected, didn't have any while I was out -- THANKFULLY!

I tot lot hunted yesterday! Pickin's is slim in one spot -- and I know why. A woman came up to me and said, "I come here too, I metal detect a lot too. I have an AT Pro too! I've been here a lot in the last two weeks!" :mad: Just dandy. Ain't hanging out there no more!

Not many places around here for me to go. The old homes here have been hit numerous times by two OTHER detectorists who have permission from the city to detect places no one else is allowed to. All that is left for me is homes that nobody is interested in detecting anyway (modern homes built in the last 15-20 years) that definitely don't have "old goodies" in the ground -- definitely no old coins. And with this new woman around -- there goes the rest of the tot lots and school grounds.

I noticed yesterday when I was detecting in the one spot there were numerous small places you could tell the woodchips were disturbed. I thought it was from squirrels in the area -- yeah right a giant one!

Oh well. I guess I'll keep to the unwanted home lots -- never a lack of modern change there! I can always use that for gas or a cold drink (depending on how much I find)! :laughing:

Here's the take from yesterday -- a grand total of .83 from three locations! WOW! Hardly worth getting out -- used more gas than that. Only thing I accomplished was getting exercise and gathering trash!

Thanks for looking! GL & HH!

Attachments

• MD Hunt 10-27-2018.jpg
    MD Hunt 10-27-2018.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 273
Sounds like a successful hunt to me...found some coins, had fun, took advantage of the nice weather....

HAve you checked out the schoolyards, sports fields, etc?

Sounds like a successful hunt to me...found some coins, had fun, took advantage of the nice weather....

HAve you checked out the schoolyards, sports fields, etc?

School yards and sports fields is where I go most of the time. But if she's going to be hogging them no point in going! One of the school yards I go to (and went to yesterday) I only found maybe a total of one dime and a few pennies if that! Chances are she's been there.

Looks like 8/10 of my hunts! Crazy as it is I still like getting out!

I like getting out too but if my hunts are not going to net enough most of the time for even a cold drink (forgot gas -- not getting enough for that) no point in going.

School yards and sports fields is where I go most of the time. But if she's going to be hogging them no point in going! One of the school yards I go to (and went to yesterday) I only found maybe a total of one dime and a few pennies if that! Chances are she's been there.

What settings are you using?

Around here -- gone are the days of coming home with $6 or more in change! That used to be the norm almost every trip out! NOT ANYMORE!

BUT I DID GET OUT (paying for it today -- OUCH)!

I wasn't hurting yesterday and it was a nice breezy 61 degrees and partly cloudy. Weatherman said scattered showers expected, didn't have any while I was out -- THANKFULLY!

I tot lot hunted yesterday! Pickin's is slim in one spot -- and I know why. A woman came up to me and said, "I come here too, I metal detect a lot too. I have an AT Pro too! I've been here a lot in the last two weeks!" :mad: Just dandy. Ain't hanging out there no more!

Not many places around here for me to go. The old homes here have been hit numerous times by two OTHER detectorists who have permission from the city to detect places no one else is allowed to. All that is left for me is homes that nobody is interested in detecting anyway (modern homes built in the last 15-20 years) that definitely don't have "old goodies" in the ground -- definitely no old coins. And with this new woman around -- there goes the rest of the tot lots and school grounds.

I noticed yesterday when I was detecting in the one spot there were numerous small places you could tell the woodchips were disturbed. I thought it was from squirrels in the area -- yeah right a giant one!

Oh well. I guess I'll keep to the unwanted home lots -- never a lack of modern change there! I can always use that for gas or a cold drink (depending on how much I find)! :laughing:

Here's the take from yesterday -- a grand total of .83 from three locations! WOW! Hardly worth getting out -- used more gas than that. Only thing I accomplished was getting exercise and gathering trash!

Thanks for looking! GL & HH!

Does your town have no parks, or is detecting there forbidden?

Does your town have no parks, or is detecting there forbidden?

Yep. There's a park and that's where I was today in the tot lot when she showed up and started bragging about being out there a lot in the last two weeks! No wonder I'm not finding anything!

What about churches they are easy to get permission and I have found that lots of them are hiding a lot of old coins. The way I get permission is to go early on a Wed. evening and talk to the pastor. Have not got a no yet.

Regardless of your hobby, may it be fishing, hunting, boating, caving, bicycling, or whatever, there will always be someone nudging your elbow and crowding your space.
I too hunt with a AT Pro and there are days I go out and come back home muddy, tired and skunked, and the car says I've spent $25.00 in gas and $5.00 on lunch.
But, there are days I go out and I do find a couple of dollars in clad and I've found a few nice older coin along with lots of bling jewelry.
The real reward though is getting outside, meeting people, even women with AT Pro's, who share the interest in the hobby and big eyed kids who may be the people scarfing all my good metal detecting targets tomorrow.
The absolute worse thing I think I could do, in regards to the metal detecting hobby, is hang my hat on someone else's rack and let their sensational luck and awesome ability to find Spanish Gold coins in their own front yard ruin my outlook on my own hunts.

And that outlook is: If, at the end of the day I've found one penny...that makes me at least one penny richer than the person who lost it.

AT PRO/GPP-AT/Fiskars Diggers

Regardless of your hobby, may it be fishing, hunting, boating, caving, bicycling, or whatever, there will always be someone nudging your elbow and crowding your space.
I too hunt with a AT Pro and there are days I go out and come back home muddy, tired and skunked, and the car says I've spent $25.00 in gas and $5.00 on lunch.
But, there are days I go out and I do find a couple of dollars in clad and I've found a few nice older coin along with lots of bling jewelry.
The real reward though is getting outside, meeting people, even women with AT Pro's, who share the interest in the hobby and big eyed kids who may be the people scarfing all my good metal detecting targets tomorrow.
The absolute worse thing I think I could do, in regards to the metal detecting hobby, is hang my hat on someone else's rack and let their sensational luck and awesome ability to find Spanish Gold coins in their own front yard ruin my outlook on my own hunts.

And that outlook is: If, at the end of the day I've found one penny...that makes me at least one penny richer than the person who lost it.

AT PRO/GPP-AT/Fiskars Diggers
Well said!

if you found a indian and a merc it would make your whole day, but what would you be ahead about 2.00? As for the woman with the AT Pro, my wife runs the Max, haha. She will steal all your clad in a heart beat, haha. A lot of people love to hunt parks, i very seldom ever go to a park, for the reason you've stated, they produce very little for me. I go to the oldest part of town at around 5:00 and hit up anyone standing outside up. Get more yes than no. If they are wary i just go for a curb side position. Once I get a in, I take time to wave, say Hi and visit with every one I can. Was at such a house today, woman was leaving home and i said Hi and she said i got my dogs in the house go ahead and gunt the back yard if you like. I started with her neighbor, then got a permission across the street, then her and now another, thats 4 so far.

Back
Top Bottom