Derringer, silvers, wheats, and a free drink!

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
Most of my hunts have been at the cellar hole lot over that past several days, but I did head up back north for a couple of hunts with a hunting buddy on Tue and Wed.

IMG_0064.jpg

The merc, derringer, 3 of the wheats, and two of the rosies were found at the cellar hole lot while the token, the other rosies, and the rest of the wheats were found up north. The derringer is a solid well made toy gun, and Im wondering if I can get it working again. The collection of silver coins are the most I have ever found over a few hunts time. Is it the NOX, or the operator? Im loving this machine!

IMG_0066.jpg

The oldest wheat is a 1912D, and is in pretty good shape for a 100+ year old coin. The token was DEEP, and is recorded in the token catalog but it needs a pic which I will surely furnish.

IMG_0069.jpg

When I was digging out the token, I was beginning to think that it was a beer can and got frustrated and careless since I was digging a mine shaft, and I was wondering if I was wasting my time. Oops :no:

Thanks for looking, and HH!

Too bad the derringer is just a toy. But I like the trade token in the pedals daisy shape ! And love the green patina on the early wheaties.

Too bad the derringer is just a toy. But I like the trade token in the pedals daisy shape ! And love the green patina on the early wheaties.

Thanks Tom. That gun is weighty and pretty solid. Definitely not a cheap kids toy. Ill have to check ebay to see if they have something similar.

Super awesome finds! Love the gun, but the token I would love to find a bar, or any old token for that matter! Congrats and nice hunting!

Those are some good finds. My grandfather years ago had a pistol that kind of looked like that, was a cigarette lighter, when you cocked the hammer part back it would turn a wheel and make sparks. It was from the mid 50's.

I went back to the cellar hole lot and made a few passes before it started raining. Found a 1926 Buff, 1958S wheat, and a gold plated watch bezel.

IMG_0078.jpg

I was also able to get another permission just down the road to hunt an old church that is scheduled to be demolished. I might have to hunt that before going back to the cellar hole lot.

The Capitol Bar token is super cool. The Capitol was one of several bars in Billings that were owned or controlled by the Billings Brewing Co. between 1900 and 1919. Awesome find!

Very nice finds! I always love digging a token, and you got a saloon/bar example from Billings! Nice SILVER finds too!

Super awesome finds! Love the gun, but the token I would love to find a bar, or any old token for that matter! Congrats and nice hunting!

Thank you

Excellent finds! Especially like that token! Nice job

Thanks Tom

Those are some good finds. My grandfather years ago had a pistol that kind of looked like that, was a cigarette lighter, when you cocked the hammer part back it would turn a wheel and make sparks. It was from the mid 50's.

Thanks! Im wondering if this is one of those? I still need to clean out the dirt in the barrel and around the hammer.

That token is awesome, congrats!

Thank you

nice pile of silver and other goodies wtg!!!:D

Thank you. Enjoyed your silver haul from the pounded park

The Capitol Bar token is super cool. The Capitol was one of several bars in Billings that were owned or controlled by the Billings Brewing Co. between 1900 and 1919. Awesome find!

Thank you for the info! I wonder if it was along Montana Ave?

Very nice finds! I always love digging a token, and you got a saloon/bar example from Billings! Nice SILVER finds too!

Thank you

Looks like a lot of fun and some nice saves. Congratulations.

Thank you. I love this hobby!

Thats good stuff, love the gun and token.

Thank you

Some very successful hunts Tommy. A nice collection of Silvers and Wheat's. The Gun has a neat design about it. Love the the Buffalo and the Token. Hope the church site is rewarding as well. Trapper

Good to see you digging some very nice items. You are having some very good hunts. I still havent gotten a NOX. Don't know if it would be a great improvement over what I am still using

Back
Top Bottom