My most mind blowing find of the year....

Jason

Elite Member
Last weekend was cold. I know some of you are saying that I should live there. Well, I don't. I live in sweaty, balmy, clothes stick to you in the summer, Mississippi. So when it get's as low as 30, that's pretty cold. With nothing to do, I grabbed my Prizm III and headed for a local school playground. Didn't know what to expect. I was just happy to be swing'n.
I got a hit! About 3" in the small pea gravel that was the floor of the playground. 3" in pea gravel? No shoveling needed here. I could move that with my foot. I tried. I swung my Prizm again to pin point. I got on my knees and raked the gravel away. Wow!! There it was!! I could hardly believe my eyes. It was shimmering in the bright January sun. The most beautiful pencil eraser I had ever seen. Still had some pencil wood sticking out.
Was it a mind blowing find? In a way, yes. That day I had found several items, but I gained so much more. I gained knowledge and experience with my Prizm. And working in small pea gravel means I spend less time digging and more time learning.
So if you have some time on your hands, go swing your machine. You may not find Capt. Kidds treasure but you will gain a wealth of experience.

You are so right

Im at this about 4 years now and it seems each time I go out I learn something new. The best way to learn is to get out and try and share and post on this forum. Thanks to Vlad&Carol and all the members for keeping this hobby so much fun and interesting Except (Craig) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: L.I.Mike

Good advice Jason, always try to find a place where it is easy to dig to practice detecting. We always recommend a beach, but a pebble playground is just as good. Our playgrounds here are mostly woodchips, and it is not easy to locate the find.

Also after a good rainfall when the ground is soft is terrific to dig in, but can get a little muddy.

Hard to imagine it being 30 degrees in MS :wow:

Jason said:
Wow!! There it was!! I could hardly believe my eyes. It was shimmering in the bright January sun. The most beautiful pencil eraser I had ever seen. Still had some pencil wood sticking out.

What a great find, you can keep all of your gold and silver, I dream of finding a pencil eraser ;) :wow: :lol:

I got a coffee can full out in the garage, Alan... if you care to avoid E-Bay. :lol:

I've got some slightly rusted staples I have dug up a foot down with my PI... staples and erasers go well together ;)

Ya... an' I'm a chinchy little Martian dancin' to the Blue Danube...! :lol:

Sorry, can't sell it. Wife wants a necklace made of it. She's easy to please huh?

Back
Top Bottom