Looking for a battery charger to do electrolysis

Truth1253

Im looking for a charger and I’m buying the cheap little charger that aren’t working in water I guess.
dd96f086ababf6a8ec59f990a7ac8a23.jpg

I always read people using a old Sears battery charger because they won’t turn off, but I can find one so does some know of a good one that I can buy and it’ll do what I need it to do? I just need it for a small setup. Thank you for your time

I looked through a bunch of old "wall wart" adapters, found one outputting 1 amp (1000ma), cut the plug off, soldered on a small fuse, and went from there. Works fine for my 5 gallon bucket setup. It takes a week to do something as large as both sides of a horseshoe, but that doesn't matter to me. More than enough power to do coins, tokens, etc... I read up a bunch on what materials to use so I wouldn't create a toxic soup.

I searched for a month to find a non automatic battery charger, never found one. I'm sure there's some standard with it now a days. What I ended up getting was a DC voltage generator. You can control the amps and voltage and they come with different max ratings, they are generally used for testing electronics at a desk. Depending on the item, depends on what amp rating I choose. But I cleaned most things within 30hours. This link is the one I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073TW8H2S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1aO8CbYRKP84S

*The alligator clips the wires come with are small, I did go to Home Depot and get some wire and larger, heavy duty, clips to run with it.

For small items like sterling rings I use a cell phone charger. Clip off the plug, install alligator clips and it works for me.

Get a adjustabl DC power supply. Like 100 bucks but totally worth it. Adjustable voltage and amps so you can do small sizes and large sizes efficiently without destroying things

Get a adjustabl DC power supply. Like 100 bucks but totally worth it. Adjustable voltage and amps so you can do small sizes and large sizes efficiently without destroying things

Tp will this do?
49b5e70ad0e2465596005ae2dc805617.jpg

I'm going to say that since the charger is listed as "automatic" it won't. They shut off when not hooked to a battery.

Check my Amazon link above for a DC power supply. It's worth the investment if you want to keep doing the electrolysis thing.

I haven't used one for electrolysis but I have used battery chargers to power car stereos and cb radios all you need is a cheap scooter or lawn mower battery hooked up. doesn't even have to be a good one, just good enough to hold a few volts.

Not sure the size of the item your doing it on but I can use a small wall charger on a 50g bracelet easily. The trick is to use warm/hot water. Lots of salt. The closer the 2 ends are together the faster it will work. As long as the ends don't come into actual contact you will be fine. Photo is a simple charger setup with the 2 ends a couple mm apart

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190602-133657_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190602-133657_Gallery.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 2,931
Not sure the size of the item your doing it on but I can use a small wall charger on a 50g bracelet easily. The trick is to use warm/hot water. Lots of salt. The closer the 2 ends are together the faster it will work. As long as the ends don't come into actual contact you will be fine. Photo is a simple charger setup with the 2 ends a couple mm apart

I’m using baking soda should I put some salt?

I’m using baking soda should I put some salt?

Forget the baking soda. Use salt. Dont even need to mix the salt in. Just dump a bunch between the 2 connections. If your cleaning silver I suggest using tinfoil in boiling water AFTER electrolysis. Now you can use that $38 saved to buy a couple silver rounds

Forget the baking soda. Use salt. Dont even need to mix the salt in. Just dump a bunch between the 2 connections. If your cleaning silver I suggest using tinfoil in boiling water AFTER electrolysis

No just rust removal

Make sure the alligator clip is less conductive than the target. Or keep the clip out of the water.

An old iPad charger or power tool charger... some sort of old wall charger laying around should do the trick.

Ok I’m on it. Thanks my bud

Make sure the alligator clip is less conductive than the target. Or keep the clip out of the water.

An old iPad charger or power tool charger... some sort of old wall charger laying around should do the trick.

I see it bubbling now I had to get the clip out the water. Thanks Steve

Hey, Truth. I don't know where you got the info to use baking soda, but it's wrong. You need to use washing soda. It can be found in the laundry detergent isle. You might want to be careful using salt, depending on what material you're trying to clean up.

Roger

Back
Top Bottom