A house, Indian, and Albert Richard

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
Over the last few days Ive been concentrating on the new permission that Ill dub the zinc farm. I started gridding for the second pass, and need a few more rows to complete the backyard. I will finish up with that, and then give the curb strip one last grid. The front yard is high weed infested, and the owner took down the concrete wall in front that held about 4 feet of soil at the side walk. Any finds would be located close to the house, or in the weed infested dirt piles. It is a lost cause, but Im happy with the chance to hunt this place.

IMG_0863.jpg

The first find was the Albert Richard token that I believe is from the 30's or 40's. Here is a short history of this clothing manufacturer:

https://vintagehaberdashers.com/tag/the-coat-of-the-stars/

Next was the 1907 IH penny that was just a little over an inch deep, and rang up like a zincoln......thats why I have a LOT of them, and I probably dug around a hundred from this site so far.

IMG_0867.jpg

Today, along with more zincolns, I found the kids ring, a 1944D wheat, and the monopoly house. I thought it was vintage since Ive only seen the plastic ones, but the words Parker Bros is etched in the bottom with a date of 1991. Now I just need a hotel and Park Place!

Thanks for looking, and HH!

OOooohh, a zincoln ! I'm jealous. I've never found one of those before :roll: (oh, and nice IH. Like the patina :cool: )

Lot of digging on that site Tommy. Congrats on the Indian, the Wheat and a very neat Token. I have never seen a Monopoly metal house before as I thought they were all plastic also. Trapper

Cool token. I found an aluminum one from a tailor company out of NYC. It turned out to be from the late 1800's to early 1900's. Thanks for including the information on yours. Interesting.

D

Back
Top Bottom