SWEET 1853 Seated

Charlives

Elite Member
Two hour hunt after work (in the snow) was very productive. :D
Before digging I called the dime to my partner Merc.....but I called it a Mercury....thankfully I was off by a few years.
The cuff link has lots of gold on it....I don't want to brush it. Any suggestions on cleaning? Thanks for looking, Drew
PS this new hole may have to wait as we expect 6 more inches of snow tomorrow :snowman3:

Attachments

• seated dime.jpg
    seated dime.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 500
  • back cuff.jpg
    back cuff.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 508
  • misc.jpg
    misc.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 507
  • junk.jpg
    junk.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 508
This better? I think it needs some cleaning.

Attachments

• close up coin.jpg
    close up coin.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 496
  • coin back.jpg
    coin back.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 491
This better? I think it needs some cleaning.

Looking good but please don't clean it. IF you HAVE to let it sit in distilled water for a long time....It looks excellent as is. Cleaning it will ruin it. You'll regret it later. I cleaned my first seated dime and wish I'd left it alone.

Tuesdays are supposed to be seated day. Great job the coin looks great. Keep at that site there are probably other goodies kicking around.

nice seated Drew.cufflink? I see a button with gold gilt left on it.
No worries about scrubbin it.I use a soft toothbrush and soap.but mainly use my soft bristled brass brush on buttons.takes off everything but the gilt ;)
nice hunt!

Last edited:
Awesome seated coin, looks great and does. Not need anymore cleaning! Where is the cufflink you speak of? I see a button.......?

Drew i would use steel wool the heaviest you can find to scrub the snot out of that seated dime. Lmao Just kidding please don't that coin is perfect. great little hunt today.

Back
Top Bottom