Took my change into Coinstar: $146.21... plus I found a War nickel!

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
yesterday, I took my Whipped Topping bucket to the sink and cleaned all the coins in a colander. Then dried them on a towel... and while I was doing so, I pulled out tokens, broken coins, and any foreign coins I could find.

During this process, I noted an "Off" nickel and instantly knew it was a war nickel! sure enough... 1943-S. My first one. I have NO idea where I picked it up... just one of a couple hundred nickels in the last 6 weeks.

The really rough IKE dollar I pulled out is shown, too. It got taken by Coinstar with no issues. Turns out it was still worth a buck. LOL

Nice to find a war nickel. I've found several CRH, but never in the field. This makes it a clean sweep for denominations for me. I've no found a war nickel, a silver dime (1964) a Silver Quarter (1964), a Silver Half (1942), and a Morgan Dollar (1921). Funny that I've only found one of each!

I'll take it! Dropped it into my nickel folder, for safe keeping...

Let it be also known, that the evidence is clear that I dig a LOT of pennies... *sigh*

Cheers!

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 163
Great performance there Skip! Those numbers are impressive and a hint to all who aspire to hunt for dirt gold/jewelry at your level...Plus, that amount of clad would easily purchase a 1/10oz gold coin at the local LCS...not bad for dinking around having fun eh? Cheers! :beers:

Great performance there Skip! Those numbers are impressive and a hint to all who aspire to hunt for dirt gold/jewelry at your level...Plus, that amount of clad would easily purchase a 1/10oz gold coin at the local LCS...not bad for dinking around having fun eh? Cheers! :beers:

TOTALLY. Clad pays. But so does all that other stuff. I've cleared over $2750 in clad in 3.5 years.

In fact, I've been paying off my AT MAX with the clad, only. I bought it on Paypal credit (6 months no-interest), with a curiosity of whether or not I could pay it off with clad. After I sold my AT Pro to cover part of the cost, I really only had $310 left on it. This batch of cash cleared the $94 left on the account by more than $50...

Since I originally purchased my ACE 350 and Garrett Pro Pointer I, 100% of the upgrades I've made have come from finds... Most folks can do it, that's for sure. I've also pocketed a touch more than $6900 in additional funds, from sales of the rings I've found. :)

Sometimes, I think, "Man, I wonder what that pile of 46 gold rings would look like sitting on my desk," but then I look around the house and think,

"probably not as nice as the
  • computer
  • 2 mattresses
  • Cruise tickets for 7 days to the Western Caribbean (still had to pay for airline, but hey!) - came from value of ONE ring.
  • Kitchen knife set
  • Appliances (Can Opener)
  • Cricut vinyl cutter
  • Go-pro
  • Smart TV (36" for my son)
  • 3 in-State day-vacation trips to various cool places
  • Noise cancelling headphones
  • A year's worth of vitamins
  • 4 outstanding steak dinners at Texas Roadhouse
  • The extra MDing equipment I have (Grey Ghost Amphibs, scoops, bags, wireless z-lync, etc), and
  • 10 months of truck payments (I paid off the truck last April, with sales of gold!)
  • Antique oil lamps ranging from 700AD to 3500BC
  • Curio Cabinet (for the lamps!)
  • new 12Ga Shotgun
  • Skiis, ski poles, and ski boots
  • New Irrigation lines for the front and back yards, + weed barrier and Mulch for the backyard, along with $170 of cash un-yet "spent" on new plants and trees for my wife to decorate it with.
... and I think, "Yeah, it would have been a nice pile, but I have pictures..."
:cool:

And that's just the stuff I REMEMBER buying. LOL

Nice war nickel! Found one in my change once and didn't realize it was silver until I looked it up.

Back
Top Bottom