So is the Whites MX5 off the Market?

I just picked one up in new condition with an extra coil for an amazing price. It looks like I have a lot to learn, a bit more involved than my Tesoros. Help with it will be appreciated!

I would practice with different targets on different surfaces.

For example compare a nickel and a pull tab first on dry ground than on wet ground.
Notice the specific number differences on each surface. Means you can tell a nickel from a pull tab. Also means you will probably be able to distinquish between a pull tab and gold jewelry.

I like the 8 tones mode again practice on targets it is a very fast responding machine.

I have done lots of research, and this is not my first rodeo. Started out in 2009 with a M6, just because I don't have 1,700 posts on here does not mean I am a new guy. I think discontinuing the Edsel was a good idea, don't you agree? Taking a product off the market, after only three years is kind of like Ford.

Actually there are mixed reviews on the MX5 especially the early ones that had an issue with the Tones.

To put your mind at ease I will contact Whites Corporate tomorrow and see if they have a replacement or a revision in the works then perhaps I will wait for and see. Instead of purchasing current stock and have issues. If no changes and it was a website glitch I will be ordering a MX5.

FYI I have Donated to the Forum via PayPal yesterday.

So as to give you a chance to have the last word on this I am just going stop posting as its clear your not understanding the issues involved.

Yes a phone call this morning to Whites and the MX5 is no longer, its been discontinued. So the few that are in the supply chain are it.

should go after the m6 better detector! if it isn't then why would whitey "bring it back' after discontinuing it?..it's because it's probably the best 'sleeper" ever made! a regular coin and jewelry "pig" and whites knows this,hence,they put it back in the line! mx-5 wasn't selling well,and they tried to eliminate the m6 because it was not an up dated detector.,,buy it! you'll love it!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I have an M6 for many years ,it work's perfectly for me. I hunt coins and relics . Can it find large 10 k gold rings YES came under pull tabs/ rings# 37 on id . IT's simple to use set it and go. I use a sharpshooter DD coil in trash . It will lock on the good stuff. I have an old IDX Pro boys that's a coin hound dog. Enjoy the sport . Happy Hunting in 2019 to all ...

update: Found an MX5 again! The price was a few hundred less than my last one and is in like-new condition... i'm looking forward to getting out with it again. I found a lot of silver with my last one.

Very simple a current new technology model that's what 3 years old, and then dropped from the product line up means one of two things. A, Its not selling or B, issues and too many problems. Whereas the M6 been in production for 10 years and still selling or being sold. What does that tell you? Orphans tend not to be supported.

this is "dead nuts" accurate! the mx-5 never really "caught on" not sure why,because it has "potential" to be a great coin shooter.any way whitey dumped
it,because one can presume,poor sales overall.then what do they do?..they "reintroduce" the proven m6 BACK in to the line.thy initially "dumped' it too...the m6 was a "sleeper" in the line for more than 10 years.found tons of coins and jewelry.whitey realized it,and brought it back at a "lower price"if it was my money, i would buy the m6 ,and equip it with the "amazing" 5,3 eclipse coil,and never take it off! it truly is one of the best coin shooters that was ever built.it is STILL in the line up now as this is written! where's the mx-5 which was meant to replace it?..gone! my friend!..gone!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I have done lots of research, and this is not my first rodeo. Started out in 2009 with a M6, just because I don't have 1,700 posts on here does not mean I am a new guy. I think discontinuing the Edsel was a good idea, don't you agree? Taking a product off the market, after only three years is kind of like Ford.

Actually there are mixed reviews on the MX5 especially the early ones that had an issue with the Tones.

To put your mind at ease I will contact Whites Corporate tomorrow and see if they have a replacement or a revision in the works then perhaps I will wait for and see. Instead of purchasing current stock and have issues. If no changes and it was a website glitch I will be ordering a MX5.

FYI I have Donated to the Forum via PayPal yesterday.

So as to give you a chance to have the last word on this I am just going stop posting as its clear your not understanding the issues involved.

Yes a phone call this morning to Whites and the MX5 is no longer, its been discontinued. So the few that are in the supply chain are it.

i'm surprised they didn't offer you the mx-7?.even with the introduction of the mx-7 i would still opt for the m6! it's just a "cracker jack" coin sniper! period!
proven with more than 10 years in the line! had to be doing something right!
you install that great 5.3 eclipse coil,and it would find so much good stuff! a joy to use!..

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Come to think of it all my machines are off the market.

MX5, original excals, sovereign xs 2a Pro, original big box TDI, Detector Pro Pulse.

When I find something good people ask me what kind of machine is that? I tell than and than add "but you can't get them anymore"

Back
Top Bottom