Going Nuts!

Going insane with this winter nonsense! Its -23 and getting colder. Looking out my front door, all we can see is a huge snow bank. We live right across the street from two pretty old parks, One of which produces a bunch of coins and some plated jewelry every now and again and the other one I havent been to yet other than a few minutes here n there. Spring time needs to hurry up!

Yeah, -23 isn't exactly friendly to metal detecting. LOL You'll have to live vicariously through the Internet, or pick up another hobby.

I strongly recommend coin roll hunting, as a fun attempt to find silver (you'll eventually come across it in nickel, dime, and half-dollar rolls, unlikely in quarters).

You could also do jewelry making (casting jewelry), or leather working. I've picked both of those up in the winter months, and it's been super fun!

Skippy

Yeah, -23 isn't exactly friendly to metal detecting. LOL You'll have to live vicariously through the Internet, or pick up another hobby.

I strongly recommend coin roll hunting, as a fun attempt to find silver (you'll eventually come across it in nickel, dime, and half-dollar rolls, unlikely in quarters).

You could also do jewelry making (casting jewelry), or leather working. I've picked both of those up in the winter months, and it's been super fun!

Skippy

We coin roll hunt all the time. Its definitely a sanity saver. We bought a couple collection books, all the Lincoln cents from 1901 to 2019, and we have one of them completely full. We run into banks not liking us so much sometimes but most of the time its not to hard to buy coins. I think we just have to live vicariously through you guys for a while LOL

We coin roll hunt all the time. Its definitely a sanity saver. We bought a couple collection books, all the Lincoln cents from 1901 to 2019, and we have one of them completely full. We run into banks not liking us so much sometimes but most of the time its not to hard to buy coins. I think we just have to live vicariously through you guys for a while LOL

I have the Lincoln cent coin folders from 1909-2013 as well, I like them because they add an extra purpose to CRHing. :yes:

I have the Lincoln cent coin folders from 1909-2013 as well, I like them because they add an extra purpose to CRHing. :yes:

Exactly. Im very goal orientated, so anything I can do that lets me set and hopefully achieve goals keeps my interest.

I recently dislocated my pinky (on my good hand) once the swelling went down I decided to do some woods hunting. I snapped the handle on my 30” shovel. Now I have a ganglion cyst between my wrist and pinky. It’s painful as can be. Dr says it could be there up to 6 monthes before they will do anything.

All it’s done here is hail, rain, snow repeat. But even with the pain I’m dieing to get out.

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

I recently dislocated my pinky (on my good hand) once the swelling went down I decided to do some woods hunting. I snapped the handle on my 30” shovel. Now I have a ganglion cyst between my wrist and pinky. It’s painful as can be. Dr says it could be there up to 6 monthes before they will do anything.

All it’s done here is hail, rain, snow repeat. But even with the pain I’m dieing to get out.

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

They used to call those "Bible cysts" I found this out after grandpa "fixed" one on my wrist LOL. A few months later it came back and I went into the doc for it and he said thats what they used to do to get rid of them. One swift swat of a bible right on the cyst. It worked for a while.... LOL

I am officially talked out of moving to Montana.

LOL. No, honestly its probably one of the best states to be in the metal detecting hobby. Lots of history, wide open PUBLIC areas, not to many people, and the laws are pretty relaxed as far as dig or no dig zones go. Just gotta get passed the winter LOL

The messed up part is how delayed it really was. I thought there was hope this year LOL! Maybe just maybe it would just be cold but not buried in snow.... NOPE.... oh well, hopefully April gets here fast LOL

They used to call those "Bible cysts" I found this out after grandpa "fixed" one on my wrist LOL. A few months later it came back and I went into the doc for it and he said thats what they used to do to get rid of them. One swift swat of a bible right on the cyst. It worked for a while.... LOL

Oh, man, I remember that trick. That was a whack-of-a-thing to do, but it often would work permanently, too.

They just dissipate. But wow... what a trick. LOL

Next time I have the opportunity to try this, I'm going to yell, "BE HEALED!" when I whack it. LOL

Oh, man, I remember that trick. That was a whack-of-a-thing to do, but it often would work permanently, too.

They just dissipate. But wow... what a trick. LOL

Next time I have the opportunity to try this, I'm going to yell, "BE HEALED!" when I whack it. LOL

LOL!! The irony of that statement alone.... haha! But yeah, it works, well too. if you can stop the water from falling out of your face,,,

We have an excavation open so naturally it is going to rain cats and dogs. Rained all afternoon. We will soon have a swimming pool for the herd of deer that pass thru here at night. Oh well, the rain will thaw the ground so I can dig again. Yay!

I've swung the new stick only twice so far so I'm wanting back out there.

Last edited:
Thought I would share a picture of my first jewelry find with the new machine. It was crapola but good for getting me going for a second or two.

Attachments

• IMG_1152.JPG
    IMG_1152.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 45
Thought I would share a picture of my first jewelry find with the new machine. It was crapola but good for getting me going for a second or two.

That's awesome! Gotta love the exciting moments before finding out its !!!! LOL but still, for just being out once for a few mins thats pretty cool!

Actually, come to think of it, it was my second jewelry find with the 800. The first was a 1992 nickel with a hole in the middle of it and a string thru it with a couple little beads of some kind of metal on the string as well. So I am presuming that thing was some sort of necklace.

Back
Top Bottom