Northern California

TheDirtKing

I'm heading to Northern California this weekend and into next week. Any recommendations for me out there? (coins/relics/jewelry)

Thanks,

~DK

ditto to what metal-addict asks: Where ? "Northern CA" could be anywhere north of the mid-section line. So do you mean Bay area ? inland Redding ? Coastal Eureka ? Etc....

We land in SF and will be heading towards the beach, just for the day (maybe Montero) as my wife wants to get a few hours of beach time in before we head East.

Most our time will be spent in Sac/Rocklin/Loomis/Auburn area. Also, I dont think I will have any "full days" to hunt so maybe just 4-6 hours here and there.

If your Sacramento area time frame overlaps one of the club meetings there, that is your best bet to bump into locals in that area:

http://www.sacramentovalleydetectingbuffs.com/

As far as Montara beach: If the tides are right, and the sand is not "in", then there are some spots along the cliffs @ some rocky areas, where the locals there can simply turn over boulders, and fish around in the tide pools for old coins. If you post on the "kinzli" forum (the current server site) there's a local from Montara beach area who chimes in on that forum.

If your Sacramento area time frame overlaps one of the club meetings there, that is your best bet to bump into locals in that area:

http://www.sacramentovalleydetectingbuffs.com/

As far as Montara beach: If the tides are right, and the sand is not "in", then there are some spots along the cliffs @ some rocky areas, where the locals there can simply turn over boulders, and fish around in the tide pools for old coins. If you post on the "kinzli" forum (the current server site) there's a local from Montara beach area who chimes in on that forum.

Thanks Tom. Ive sent the club an email... I see they have an outing on Sundays... might be fun if they would allow me to tag along.

I'm heading to Northern California this weekend and into next week. Any recommendations for me out there? (coins/relics/jewelry)

Thanks,

~DK

I'm in Sacramento and will be available Mon, Tues and Wed next week. I still consider myself a novice, have only been in this hobby for about 8 months. I mainly hunt parks for clad and jewelry. You are more than welcome to join me for a hunt! I have a park in mind that I believe will hold some goods. If you are looking for a recommendation and not a hunting partner, that's cool too. Either way, shoot me a mesage. I hope you enjoy your time up here.

Dirt king, in case you didn't get the memo : the rule for people visiting California to metal detect, is that you must send me 30% of all your fiinds. I accept PayPal. :D

Dirt king, in case you didn't get the memo : the rule for people visiting California to metal detect, is that you must send me 30% of all your fiinds. I accept PayPal. :D

Sounds good Tom, I did hear that somewhere ... what is 30% of zero?

Ugh.... my trip to CA was a bit of a bust. The day we arrived I had planned on hitting Montara beach but we got stranded on a layover in Burbank with a busted plane that took that entire day away from us. By the time we finally made it to SF, it was dark and there was no time for the beach.

There was another hiccup in our plans with the family that messed our plans all up further the rest of the trip and basically, I never had time to even unpack my detectors. Not a single swing. :(

Next time.

I'm in Sacramento and will be available Mon, Tues and Wed next week. I still consider myself a novice, have only been in this hobby for about 8 months. I mainly hunt parks for clad and jewelry. You are more than welcome to join me for a hunt! I have a park in mind that I believe will hold some goods. If you are looking for a recommendation and not a hunting partner, that's cool too. Either way, shoot me a mesage. I hope you enjoy your time up here.

Thanks Bb, I appreciate the offer and I would have love to take you up on it but our plans changed and I didnt get a chance to even unpack my detectors. Next time.

Back
Top Bottom