Back at the $36 playground!

sandgroper

Elite Member
I went back to that playground in the city today, where 2 months ago I found $36.10. I didn't expect to be back this quickly, but since we were already close by, I figured might as well give it a shot. :)

This time I didn't use my pinpointer as much (last time I was mainly using the Pro-Find). I lowered the sensitivty of the detector by much more than last time, and I used a smaller coil which helped me to focus on 1 or 2 targets, instead of like 4 or 5.

I spent about an hour or so detecting, and got myself $47.60AUD in change including 18 $2 coins and 9 $1 coins. Unfortunately, I didn't find any gold and surprisingly only 2 pulltabs! I'm not sure if the pendants are silver, there are no hallmarks on them.

I also found a souvenir coin, you can buy these from tourist attractions from all over Western Australia. I also collect them whenever we go travelling and they've even got their own album. I've already got this particular coin in mint condition, so I'm just going to add it to the others I've found in the past. I also got a New Zealand $1 coin and a replica coin from the Batavia shipwreck (1629) which you can buy from the local shipwreck musuem.

Attachments

• 26:03:17.jpg
    26:03:17.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 233
Incredible day! Hope to find a school like that some day, but we have almost no use of dollar coins.. :detector:
If they would only get rid of the dollar bill, we would find a lot more loot. :pirate2: Congratulations! :pirate2: aargh :pirates:

Incredible day! Hope to find a school like that some day, but we have almost no use of dollar coins.. :detector:
If they would only get rid of the dollar bill, we would find a lot more loot. :pirate2: Congratulations! :pirate2: aargh :pirates:

What? I find and spend dollar coins,sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom