New permission-silver#17 n a pretty cool whatzit

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
I was laid off in Jan. & Feb. Weather was great and got out a couple of dozen times.I had 16 silvers, one war nickle, 5 sterling and a large cent 1 IH and almost a hundred wheaties. Then- I got called back to work-the weather turned and I got the flu for 14 days.This has been a pretty tough month so far. Anyway, there is this old abandoned farm I pass on my way to work, I was finally feeling well enough to stop and talk to the people that own the land. I actually had to get a written pass to be on the property. The fields looked pretty good from the highway but when I stopped Fri. after work I found alot of stubble, matted grass and multiflora. If you ever hunted pheasant in Pa. you know how tuff multiflora can be. I had the AT Pro and swingin was tuff .My first decent signal was and 80 and to my surprise I saw silver when I flipped the plug. About 7 inches down and black there was no doubt it was a Barber dime. I said ,well at least I didn't get skunked. My last silver coin was over a month ago on Feb. 20th A 42GW. Dug a rifled slug, a clad quarter, and a memorial penny. Not a lot of good signals, but then I got a 95 at six in. down, I thought could this be a silver dollar, when I saw it in the hole at first I thought it was a piece of copper pipe but when I pulled it out I said this it cool--what is it? Top of a walking stick, a sword maybe, I'm gonna post it on finds and see if anybody can ID it and maybe date it.
I was able to get out for about 6 hrs. today. Went to my 1915 corner lot. Doin the back yard I was able to get 2.30 in clad and Fun & Games token. Sorry for the long rant, Good luck and HH to all Mark.

Attachments

• 81.jpg
    81.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 85.jpg
    85.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 65.jpg
    65.jpg