"Iron" Really means Iron

Silver.FoX

Hello all,

After work today I ran over to my parents house and decided to try a couple of spots I've been meaning to hit for awhile now. My mother actually came a long with me to see what I found. To give everyone a little perspective of where I am: My grandfather lived next door across from the field in between us and was a farmer. For years he owned all of the land around him including 3 or 4 good sized fields. Across the road from both houses is a stream that goes parallel with the road about 6 ft away from it with stone walls galore. I decided to try directly across the road today in an area with a bunch of small lots squared off by stone walls where it appears to have been a apple orchard MANY years ago. I scan and scan and scan and nothing. I try around trees, against the stone walls and i'm really surprised that nothing is ringing. Then I say to myself why not hit the waters edge. This is a stream probably 5 ft across and 1-5 inches deep at the deepest... nothing special at all. I scan over the silty area and get a 8" deep tone saying iron. My mother is there and says well you might as well. I'm thinking to myself its probably some junk someone threw out the window driving down the road but started digging anyway. I pull out a big rock and I see nothing. So I continue to dig and notice black dirt and a black rock, I pull the rock out of the ground and set it to the side and I hear my mother say "It's an iron!". Turns out the black rock was a very old flat iron missing its handle with a number 7 on top of it. I guess sometimes "iron" may truly mean just that.

Back
Top Bottom