Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Make It or Fix It Yourself

Old 04-15-2021, 04:55 PM

Default Digging screet to sift.....

I am old school, done it for years. When I hit a spot where the detector hums all over the place, it is a trash can and bottle dump. So I made a long "T" handle probe, and a sifting screen ..the sifting screen has shot legs, and it put a Garrett green gold pan sifter unit, into the top. Here is a photo of the screen setup, and then the green pan sifter on the top. Works great! Well I am new here, was going to put in two photos, but I am lazy, and do not know the Http:// address, so just imagine what I described. I would have preferred a Browse button and go right to the photo in a follder... So imagine what I just said... Sorry.
Melbeta

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:14 AM
Elite Member

I can remember sifting through the dirt we dug out of bottle dumps many years ago. You find a ton of marbles, buttons, coins, and my uncle even found a small gold child's ring with a green emerald in it. I find it easier to do in dumps near creeks, that way, you can wash up as you go. It's amazing the type of stuff they threw right out their back doors!

☆Oldest Coin FTY: Undated KG? ☆