Garrett ACE 250 Schematic and PCB layout found

donnyjaguar

I've been searching for this for quite a while and have found on the web. http://www.volny.cz/kachlik.jan/
Its missing the MCU portion of the circuit but that's largely unimportant from a modifications standpoint. The operating frequency is determined by the inductance of the search coil - this was a surprise. I see the cause of the bug that makes pinpointing impossible on certain metals. I can see an easy modification for going a little deeper too - although stabilizing it may be a challenge. Will have to study some more of course and welcome thoughts from other technoids on improving this interesting circuit.

I don't think Garrett's wanted that to get out. A little deeper and a little stability often go hand in hand. I've been looking for a schematic for a military mine sweeper made by White's. Not found it....yet.

I don't think Garrett's wanted that to get out. A little deeper and a little stability often go hand in hand. I've been looking for a schematic for a military mine sweeper made by White's. Not found it....yet.

Have you joined GeoTech? Someone on theres bound to have one!

One thing I have noticed on the ACE250 is that there isn't a lot of room to add features. I'm going to have to add some form of additional box to the unit to add any features. Backlighting and volume control will be the first things though.

One thing I have noticed on the ACE250 is that there isn't a lot of room to add features. I'm going to have to add some form of additional box to the unit to add any features. Backlighting and volume control will be the first things though.

Can you add VDIs?

I think that would be a challenge. I wouldn't be surprised if the CPU puts out this kind of data. In essence the target ID on the unit is a coarse VDI.

Well I've figured out the inductance values of the inner and outer coils and plan on winding my own sniper coil to see how that works. If that works alright the next one will be 12" LP record sized monster. Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom