1909 Wheat and Relics

MTJosh

Elite Member
My friend and I took a morning few weeks back to explore new area for us. Old building foundations in desert. Near a road so know it has been pounded but try it anyways. Tons of "trash" downslope of the old site. Thankfully what was trash 100+ years ago is now fun relics to find. We each pulled suspender clips and headstamps. Other odd relics too. Some patent dates to 1903 on them. Then best find for the day. My now oldest wheat - 1909. Unfortunately not a S or VDB. But still great find. My oldest wheat before this was 1914.
Looking forward to more trips exploring old sites. Next time hopefully find areas to hike into. We all know a 1 mile hike removes 80% of competition. 3 miles 95%. Also nice it is finally cooling off here in the desert. Can now stay out past noon for all day detecting and exploring adventures.
This past weekend hiked miles of rugged country deer hunting. No old areas with metal found. But endless indian ruins. Seemed every ridge would have ruins with 8-20 rooms. Always amazed at amount of people that lived in these areas that are now dry desert. Then again 1-2000 years ago many of these areas had creeks and cooler temps.

Attachments

• 1909 wheat.jpg
    1909 wheat.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 266
  • November finds.jpg
    November finds.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 229
Nice Josh! That '09 looks good, and the shotgun shell bases and relics are nice, sounds like a fun and rewarding hunt!

Back
Top Bottom