I'm in the 1700's club. I can't believe it!

Mtc8966

I found a 1787 New Jersey Copper today while hunting around some old farm land only a few miles from my house. - I can't believe it!!!

The old farmland has been occupied right up through the mid 1900's and my hope was a silver coin or two from that period near some old barns that are now long gone.

When I found it I didn't even know what it was at the time! I thought it was junk. I only realized it when I got it home and cleaned it up a little. I wasn't expecting it at all!

I also found a 1952 Wahington Quarter too and a bunch of wheat penny's. - Which is what I was kind of hoping to find at this location.

I can't believe I'm in the 1700's club!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 3.59.34 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 3.59.34 PM.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 517
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 3.59.43 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 3.59.43 PM.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 517
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 3.59.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 3.59.52 PM.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
.... I can't believe I'm in the 1700's club!!!

Welcome to the 1700's club. I can believe it. Because since you are from CT, you can merely blindfold yourself, spin around 3 times, and throw a rock in any direction. Then there is no doubt a 1700's coin within 10 ft. of where the rock landed. Ok ? :cool3:

Welcome to the 1700's club. I can believe it. Because since you are from CT, you can merely blindfold yourself, spin around 3 times, and throw a rock in any direction. Then there is no doubt a 1700's coin within 10 ft. of where the rock landed. Ok ? :cool3:

LOL - I wish that were true! Thanks for looking!

Congrats! Took me about a year of detecting to find my first 1700's coin (1784 1/2 real). Still trying to join the 1600's club after eight years of detecting. There has to be a William & Mary copper or a tree shilling out there somewhere in the woods of RI!

I guess that's nice. But what is the grade and value of something like that ?

I guess that's nice. But what is the grade and value of something like that ?

Value? Probably nothing. It's in pretty rough shape.

Just cool to find a coin from the 1700's. A little piece of history.

Thanks for looking.

That’s an awesome find just knowing someone had that in their pocket that long ago!

That’s an awesome find just knowing someone had that in their pocket that long ago!

Thanks! That's what I was thinking too. The last person to see this coin was probably part of the US Revolution.

Great job on the NJ copper and silver quarter! What was the other coin in the picture?

Thanks! You know I'm not sure what it is. It's really beat up and I can't make out anything on it. It looks to be copper. It's about as thin as the New Jersey Copper. But a tad bigger.

Congratulations on the Jersey copper. Looks to be in decent shape too. It’s an amazing feeling to know that you’re the first person to hold that coin in a few hundred years. Well done

Very nice! You New Englanders have some history up there. Wish we could find those in Ohio but we're too new lol.

Man, that’s an oldie but a goodie! Super congrats on the awesome find! I can’t even imagine or dream of finding something that old!

Back
Top Bottom