key date Merc!

Went out yesterday with my old Sovereign again and picked up 5 wheat and a Rosie. Went out today and was only able to hit on one wheat, but while going back to the car I am swinging away on the old faithful and I get a solid 180 on the Sun Ray DTI II. Dig out this beautiful 1921 D Merc, with excellent detail. And I had no idea it was a key date untill I text my hunting buddies Silver Bullet and Michdig who couldn't make it out there today.....good thing too:lol: I might of lost out on this one:lol:, Michdig let me know it was a key date. Wow! some of those are worth a bit of dough.

This link should bring up the SOLD 1921 D mercs on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...y+dime&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

I agree that you have a coin that's worth getting graded even if you don't plan to sell it any time soon.

Great save on a beauty! I have dug 2 21d's myself but not as nice as yours. Great job.
Thanks yooper, did you keep your or did you sell them?

Yikes... are pawn shop owners known for their numismatic expertise and coin valuation knowledge ???
If you decide to still do that, please also show it to a local coin dealer or two. Protect it by placing in a 2x2 mount at least, to keep anyone you show it to from rubbing or damaging it.

No, my mistake jimther, I meant a Coin Shoppe,(actual name of the place). It is in a holder now.

Nice Merc!
Thanks JimR, I appreciate it.

Send it off and get it graded so that way you know for sure. Nice hunt congrats
Thanks jruckman, I think I will get it graded some day, but for now I'll just get a ball park figure at the coin dealer place.

Was offered 100 for one but kept it. Don't know why because it's in a box in the basement. Might get rid of a bunch of coins to purchase a new Minelab Gpx 5000.

Was offered 100 for one but kept it. Don't know why because it's in a box in the basement. Might get rid of a bunch of coins to purchase a new Minelab Gpx 5000.

100 for one! If you find it I would like to see a pic of it if you don't mind.
That Gpx 5000 is an expensive little toy, WOW! and heavy too!

Back
Top Bottom