BLM rules

I was thinking about that 1892 logging site that we are going to hit this fall!

Find out where the worker-bee logger tent camp-zones were at. I hear they paid the guys $5 a week, paid in a $5 gold piece weekly.

As sections got logged out, these motley crew tent camps would pull up stakes, and move further and further into the forests. So these tent-city zones might just last several months at a time. Good luck !

Find out where the worker-bee logger tent camp-zones were at. I hear they paid the guys $5 a week, paid in a $5 gold piece weekly.

As sections got logged out, these motley crew tent camps would pull up stakes, and move further and further into the forests. So these tent-city zones might just last several months at a time. Good luck !

Thanks for the Advice Tom.. I been telling Chris.. forget digging through the trash.. lets find the GOLD

he found a "Population list" for it and one of the guys was a miner

I am figuring he got drunk, dropped some stuff and no one ever found it or perhaps we locate his digguns

From the Cambrideg Dictionary

"Definition of “artifact” - English Dictionary
American
English
“artifact” in American English
See all translations
artifact
noun [ C ] US ​ /ˈɑr·t̬əˌfækt/

an object, such as a tool, that was made in the past:The museum has artifacts dating back to prehistoric times."

So I guess if it was made yesterday, and dropped...:(

This camp lasted 8 years! Lots of time for deposits! It moved in 1912 to a location 10 miles away.

Well, another thing that hasn't changed in 4.5 years is Tom's message ... and what he said back then is even more relevant today.

Hey Tom, how ya been?

M-digger, good to hear from you. Still working away at my job, md'ing exotic places, etc... Hope you are finding good stuff these days ! Take care.

I can tell you that I detect Federal lands (BLM & FS) in Colorado all the time and Tom is correct. Unless there is some special designation to the site (i.e. historical, archaeological, etc) no permit is needed, no clarification is needed, and a BLM site manager is not authorized to make up their own rules and/or interpretations of the regs (although some might think they have the authority to do this).

This document may be of help as it also addresses Metal Detecting in addition to Rock collecting:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/96946687/Mineral-and-Rock-Collecting-on-the-National-Forests

IMO, this is a document every MDer should read and become familiar with. Pay particular attention to the four forms of metal detector use ... is very, very important.

Hey there,
Where in Colorado are you? I'm in Weld County.

Mike

Hey there,
Where in Colorado are you? I'm in Weld County.

Mike

Hey mdmike01,
On the county line between San Juan and Hinsdale Counties (quite a distance from you) in the beautiful San Juan Mountains of SW Colorado. This area is about 95% or so public lands (BLM, FS, etc.) with most being very rugged and almost inaccessible but for hiking and 4wd.

Best of luck to you when you get outdoors to enjoy these grand Rockies!

mountain digger

What I find interesting is that you can detect on BLM and Forest lands but not National parks? I wounder why it is setup that way, any guesses.

Ray

Back
Top Bottom