366 Quarters...Six days...One location

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Well, today I returned to my new honey hole that is a municipal parcel under development. Again, today was no different than the prior five days. However, today, I recovered an additional 67 quarters and a nice large piece of the poor mans gold aka: "silver."

Most of today's finds were in the 6" to 8" range.

In summary, for the six days inclusive, I recovered 366 quarters or the equivalent of $91.50 in quarters. Six One dollar coins. Plus a couple of handfuls of dimes. And couple of silvers.

Grand total of coinage from this one location for six days is now at $118.92.

I think I may have to go back there again and see if I can squeeze out a few more coins.

Thanks for checking out my latest thread!

Attachments

• IMG_2723.jpg
    IMG_2723.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 482
John, just outstanding. I don't think I would have the patience let alone the stamina to dig all that clad. Hats off to you sir. Now I remember you saying you stash the clad in buckets, I hope you tumble them cause if not it'll take you a good month to do all of it. Ha ha. Good show and congrats. Mark

Nice haul! Wonder if the site hadn't been used as a free fair or flea market spot (not asking to disclose location info). Those are the only places I'd found that much clad, even to the point of shutting off the detector, setting on my rump and using the pinpointer to dig it all. 6-8" is deep for clad, so you earned your money :lol:

Thank you!

That's just insane. That location was quite a find!

Thanks jhanson! Yes, that location is quite a find, but the finds were even better. :laughing:

Whoa :shock: Unbelievable!

Steve

Thanks Steve! It's still good to know we still have some decent PA locations that are waiting to be discovered. :yes:

My knees hurt just looking at that statistic and picture !

Thanks Tom! This location is like deja-vu of the old days, but with less silvers. :cool3:

Thank you!

That's just crazy. I'd have to use some of that to buy a big bottle of Aleve after all that digging! :lol:

Thanks suncat! These locations are true blessings. I might have to get the Aleve just for the days I am in pain if I am not hunting. :laughing: Thanks again for your kind comments!

That's got to be some kind of record, congrats !

Thanks Soil Surgeon! It is so much fun, at least for me, when I find these high production sites of digging up those quarters. When I think about it, I found like nine rolls of quarters just from this one site and counting. Thanks again for checking out my thread!

That could almost feel like work.. Congrats

Thanks MuddyMo! The one main difference about detecting and work for me is, this one I enjoy so much that I could metal detect 8 days a week, 25 hours a day! :laughing: Thanks again!

Thank you!

John, just outstanding. I don't think I would have the patience let alone the stamina to dig all that clad. Hats off to you sir. Now I remember you saying you stash the clad in buckets, I hope you tumble them cause if not it'll take you a good month to do all of it. Ha ha. Good show and congrats. Mark

Thanks Mark! I know I should be cleaning those coins, but it is just toooo much fun just to dig them up! I will leave them for another day or month or even years. :laughing: Or better yet, let my sons worry about when the time comes. ;) But on one hand I do clean a few handfuls every now and then as just to use those for vending machines, etc. I could dig those quarters all day long. And yes, those five gallon buckets are filling up nicely. :cool3: As always, thanks for your kind comments!

Nice haul! Wonder if the site hadn't been used as a free fair or flea market spot (not asking to disclose location info). Those are the only places I'd found that much clad, even to the point of shutting off the detector, setting on my rump and using the pinpointer to dig it all. 6-8" is deep for clad, so you earned your money :lol:

Thanks Gauntlet! Thanks for understanding, there is so much I could say about this location...but I just can't, it is just that interesting and the circumstances of this site. But, I will say, it is very old from the 1800's, and obviously had been cherry picked of the silver years ago. The key thing for me is that I been gaining access into the location and I am not sure how long that will last either. Anyway, for now it helps pay for the gas, next week who knows? :laughing: I think today, I may find a new location just to change things up.

Thanks Gauntlet! Thanks for understanding, there is so much I could say about this location...but I just can't, it is just that interesting and the circumstances of this site. But, I will say, it is very old from the 1800's, and obviously had been cherry picked of the silver years ago. The key thing for me is that I been gaining access into the location and I am not sure how long that will last either. Anyway, for now it helps pay for the gas, next week who knows? :laughing: I think today, I may find a new location just to change things up.

Certainly understand. With the age of the site, and depth of the clad you're finding, you'd have to think it had been filled, and if so would likely put the older finds closer to 12" deep.

Hope you can run across a spot that's a bit thinner on fill :lol:

Great haul. it took me several MONTHS a few years ago, to pull almost $200 (mostly quarters) from a large fair ground parking lot.

Thank you!

Great haul. it took me several MONTHS a few years ago, to pull almost $200 (mostly quarters) from a large fair ground parking lot.

Thanks beepsticker! I just be so lucky. And when I find these special locations, I many times have to get my timing just right and go for it. And when I am there I am non-stop and leave at the right time too. I agree, finding $200 in an accomplishment by its self. As like you, it sure is fun when we hit these clad jackpots! On that note, congrats to you too on your prior $200 haul!

Congrats you clad đź‘‘ king!

Thanks metaladdict! I am grateful that I can still find these lucrative locations as the supply chain is getting tighter and tighter. But they are still out there. I am hoping/planning to return in the fall to another location that I discovered earlier this year that was even better than this present one. Many thanks again for the compliment!

Is this coinage or carnage John. Truly does not matter as the results are more than impressive. You consistently put some fantastic success in front of us on display. And again with some Silver icing. Congrats! Trapper

Thank you!

Is this coinage or carnage John. Truly does not matter as the results are more than impressive. You consistently put some fantastic success in front of us on display. And again with some Silver icing. Congrats! Trapper

Thanks Trapper! I have to say, when I get to my hunt locations, the second my pouch belt clips together I am all business. I rarely take a break and try to find as much as I can, in the quickest and shortest amount of time. I like to find these odd ball locations and just go for it too. But then again, for whatever reasons, some of those places with the most "unwelcoming" signage just seem to being somewhat the best. :cool3:

Back
Top Bottom