What did I do to myself?

Bklein

I have big Stealth Xstreme scoop and hurt myself digging deep targets with it. I would dig deep down into the hole and get a big scoop of sand and lean back to try and get it out of the hole. So it was compressing my spine and putting pressure on my hips and maybe some organs, heck if I know. Both hips hurt the the next day but we’re recovering. Two weeks later I did it again. This time only one side recovered, the other gives pain when I sit, lay down, or get up. Ok when I walk pretty much. So much for hoping the AQ will find me deep rings. Wondering if any of you have experience with this and may know what I did to myself.

I have big Stealth Xstreme scoop and hurt myself digging deep targets with it. I would dig deep down into the hole and get a big scoop of sand and lean back to try and get it out of the hole. So it was compressing my spine and putting pressure on my hips and maybe some organs, heck if I know. Both hips hurt the the next day but we’re recovering. Two weeks later I did it again. This time only one side recovered, the other gives pain when I sit, lay down, or get up. Ok when I walk pretty much. So much for hoping the AQ will find me deep rings. Wondering if any of you have experience with this and may know what I did to myself.

Yup, welcome to old age. Not sure of your age, but if your 60 or older. It sounds like a hip replacement in a year of two for you.

Take smaller bites with the scoop... no need to try kill yourself... I have big scoops I take half a scoopful... I used to do what you did and learned the hard way with a back issue and a shoulder strain took a year to heal correctly...

I am 58 and about 2-3 years ago I started doing crunches and push-ups - specifically to strengthen my core for metal detecting. I can't tell you enough of what a huge difference it made for me. Under a year ago, I tried touching my toes at work and my fingers could barely touch my ankles. I added a few brief stretching exercises before my power walks at night and I can almost palm the floor now. And I no longer get any pain in my back when picking things up.

I am 58 and about 2-3 years ago I started doing crunches and push-ups - specifically to strengthen my core for metal detecting. I can't tell you enough of what a huge difference it made for me. Under a year ago, I tried touching my toes at work and my fingers could barely touch my ankles. I added a few brief stretching exercises before my power walks at night and I can almost palm the floor now. And I no longer get any pain in my back when picking things up.

Give it 8 years and that will change :lol:

Attachments

• jack-lalanne.jpg
    jack-lalanne.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 536
I’m 68. Only other pain is from swinging the CTX with the 17” coil.
Trouble with taking smaller digs is the sand fills in too soon to make progress. The AQ was doing its job as I never heard those targets with my other detectors. But the targets were in the bedrock and I couldn’t get any anyway.

Yup, lots of great points here!

Stretching is so under rated. It can help prevent dozens of soft-tissue injuries and repetitive motion strains that occur in your feet, legs, stomach, back, neck, arms, and wrists. Make a habit out of stretching before each hunt and stopping every 20 minutes to stretch again.

I'm only in my 40's but after a few surgeries, I've humbled myself to stretch routinely. I also began working out again. What a difference that makes! Your stamina increases dramatically!

The first time out last spring after being cooped up all winter. I got excited and started digging like a mad mad.

A tendon popped in my thumb. I didn't need surgery, but for the next 3 months every time I moved my thumb I could feel it grinding.

I take it a little slower now and get my body back into it.

Power walks, touching your toes and pink speedos.
Is there a discussion we need to have Felix?

I use a back brace while digging on the beach. That helps a lot. Plus, I see a chiropractor twice a week. Keeps me going strong.

I wonder if you have managed to give yourself a herniated disc in your lower back. I've already got one and have managed it for many years. If I go too crazy with heavy stuff coupled with some vigorous exercise it can start talking to me to back off.

Herniated disc

I have 2 , my right side has been killing me for about 2 months , feels like the hip at times , a stabbing annoying pain that doesn't go away , inverter , electric stim helps , send your AQ to me , Ill send you a fresh drop machine :yes::lol: PS FELIX is that you in the front on that pick you posted , with a perm :?::yes::lol:

Take a Advil before you go out, that may help some. AQ is a monster when it comes to deep, problem........ target can be anything.

Good news. I went to Kaiser urgent care and the Dr says it’s IT band syndrome. My hip and spine are fine (got an X-ray). It’s a muscle thing.

Back
Top Bottom