Looks like White’s is finished.

I'm all for American made especially when it involves items of national security.

Here is something I have been curious about. Does Garrett manufacture the guts to their detectors here in America? Do they have folks toiling away soldering chips to circuit boards in their factory or is done off shore?
You don't have far to go, and it's not "off-shore" from the Dallas Texas area to be where labor is a lot cheaper. I'm not saying anything directly, just adding a different look to the 'off-shore' reference.

When anyone or any company uses electronic components, visual displays, Velcro arm cup straps or any other parts that come from across any dividing water or across their border, the product is no longer 'Made in' that country, it is just 'Assembled in' that country.

I am not aware of any major or noteworthy metal detector manufacturer who uses all components that are 'made' in their own country and no parts from any non-national source. All of them gather the parts they need to use, from whatever and wherever a source might be, then they assemble a final product.

Monte

You don't have far to go, and it's not "off-shore" from the Dallas Texas area to be where labor is a lot cheaper. I'm not saying anything directly, just adding a different look to the 'off-shore' reference.

When anyone or any company uses electronic components, visual displays, Velcro arm cup straps or any other parts that come from across any dividing water or across their border, the product is no longer 'Made in' that country, it is just 'Assembled in' that country.

I am not aware of any major or noteworthy metal detector manufacturer who uses all components that are 'made' in their own country and no parts from any non-national source. All of them gather the parts they need to use, from whatever and wherever a source might be, then they assemble a final product.

Monte

Sad but true.
Another thing is at least the corporation who gets foreign parts has the final say in the quality control.
We all know Chinese products are cheaply made, as in loooww quality. Got to keep on those lazys.

Yes, White's is finished.

Those who want to complain about other issues with regard to foreign-made products, please, do the following:

1.. Use a Made in the USA computer to access various Forums to voice the complaint.

2.. Use a Made in the USA telephone, cell or land-line, to call me and complain.

Anyone using a foreign-made computer, tablet, phone or other similar device can't really complain about where things are made, what they cost, what the manufacturer's pay and, in the end, what we purchase and use.

Don't get me wrong, I wish it was different and we once again had more home-designed and home-made products. It's not just electronic devices like computers, TV or phones, either. I remember those younger days when you could go to any store and buy a pair of pants, a shirt, a coat, a pair of shoes, and everything fit just the same, and fit just right.

It's almost everything and it will be tough to make the changes we need to go back in time to "The good ol' days" .... for almost everything.

Etnom Nov Yrreb

Just going backwards in time.

It's probably important to understand that when an individual can sit on the floor of a Bamboo thatch hut in the middle of the jungle with a Laptop and get a Harvard equivalent education for free the world has to change. It did and we're only seeing the beginning.

All bad? no, totally and completely different? Yes. It's also worth realizing that for anyone born in 2000 or thereabouts? today is normal.

Monte, totally agree. we have cars made in America-- that are "foreign" home companies and have expanded to here. most electronic parts are made elsewhere. robotics and or cheap labor. not exactly glamorous jobs in my opinion, watching a machine... not my cup of coffee.

the world is and has always been based on trade, which starts wars, migrations, govt overthrows, but feeds and nourishes economies. the current concerns now, like the disputed south China sea islands, is not the land, like for airplanes to land in a different era during WW2, its for whats in the ocean floor around them, natural gas and most sought after rare earth metals which are necessary for the building of electronics. China controls the vast bulk of them, and will want or need more for the future. they are not dumb.

laws of supply and demand drive economies. the need for a product or resource can become obsolete, like Kerosene almost did for the Rockefeller family. they diversified to survive to the Standard oil co, a mainstay of America. . .

Americans do not want low paying jobs, nasty jobs, tedious jobs, and want the American dream of a high paying job, nice house in the suburbs etc....car, good school etc... so does other countries. we constantly change. constantly.. and its sad to see American companies fall one after another. but unless we get back to completely made in America, not just assembled, we will change even more.

i was hesitant on a Turkish made unit. not so much anymore, it was driven by European engineers i believe, like many of their products. people in those countries need jobs and are willing to work, cheaply, to live, unlike a large segment of population here. many of those countries are no work no eat. Unions were developed here to protect workers as was needed. many foreign countries have a unlimited workforce of cheap labor with no concerns. the govt controls a lot of them. America may eventually have to return to that, unfortunately. . until then, we buy foreign. all countries invest in other countries businesses. and with the influx of immigrants, whats foreign now? bringing their culture with them. changing America.

as a Southern born and bred man, i have to change or die. at my age , well....

i just hope we dont go down the path of a different form of government that has not worked in the past and think we can make it work. Karl Marx never had a job and was supported by the very people he spoke against, his bills paid by the son of a wealthy manufacturing giant. . all his theories failed, and he was exiled. my point is no i dont want to make computer resistors for pennies an hour and live in a govt cubicle apt. one day our grandkids might do so.

until things change we have no choice on foreign goods. no choice. friendly trade can keep peace. wars can and have been fought over goods and always will be. the world revolves around money and economy, first and foremost...driven by politics, so religion, rights, morals, etc... are second place.

God bless America... may she prosper in the right direction. at least buy assembled in America..and hope its not a company fostering ideals we do not believe in.

a politician will sell his soul for a vote.

soap box being put back in the shed for time being, and if the administrator removes this post i understand completely and mean no harm to anyone , nor offense, just felt the need to say it. for now its a right, i think, publicly, maybe not appropriate for forum. so Mr admin, apologies if incorrect and leave at your discretion. .

Last edited:
That sucks, I have an original MXT and a M6. I just put my M6 in storage earlier today and just heard of this this right now :hmmm:
Ive owned several whites machines and they were great.
So sad. :crying:

Back
Top Bottom