More Silver & a Few Indians

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
Is it the new coil or am I just lucky ? Either way no complaints. Took the 800 w/ 10x5 coil back to the city park yesterday for another go. Ryan aka Diabolik joined in for the hunt. I wasn't in the woods a half hour when I got a 26-27 not too deep signal. A 63 Rosie, kinda young but still happy to hit silver on my return. Some more like signals gave up 5 memorials right in the same area. A little further on I see a washout gully so I started swinging, my first good signal was a cool tag of some sort for a company I've never heard of. A clad nickel and a deeper, popping mid then hi-tone turned out to be an Ihp about 7 in. down. Cool, haven't dug one of those since Jan. That was Ihp # 4 fty. Dropped a little further down the gully and a shallow 19-20 was another Ihp. Then in between the base root of a not so old tree I get quarter for sure 29-30 shallow signal. I think a clad quarter for sure, One flip with the lesche and I see a disc, thin looking, a token ? No its black, I feel like I'm on Oak Island, Could it be?an old silver coin ? Only 2 inches down ? A little wipe, I see 1901, Could it be ? Does it have a S mint mark. I didn't break for a commercial, I went right for the wipe. EENNT Fantasy over. Still a 120 year old silver quarter in a park I know has been hunted to death is still hard to believe nobody else saw that one. A 19-20 gave me a Belize dollar coin and right at the root of a very large old tree a perfect 12-13 turned out to be a 42 war nickel. So within the first 2 hours or so I have 3 more silvers and two Ihps. It started to rain and things got messy but at that point I didn't want to give up. I got a jumpy 22-24 and was happy to see a large skeleton key come out of the hole. After two rounds of rain and wind it finally cleared up a little and we headed for a grassy edgeline. One wheat and a clad nickel and not much of anything else I ducked back into the woods. A nice deep 24-26 gave up a 2 wheat spill and a close by I dug my third Indian for the day. I got back to the truck around 8, me and Ry met up a 10:30 so that was the longest hunt I've put in, in a long time. A little beat up to say the least. I did get a 190 something V nickel on the way back. Overall a great day of hunting and it gets me to silver #26 fty. I was at 26 last year when the shut down came in Mid-March and only found 2 more Rosie's the rest of the year. Will be happy to put that in the rearview and I hope the silver train keeps on a chuggin. Thanks for looking in. Mark

Attachments

• 20210430_234409-1.jpg
    20210430_234409-1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 501
  • 20210430_234128-1-1.jpg
    20210430_234128-1-1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 455
  • 20210501_142206.jpg
    20210501_142206.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 449
  • 20210501_142757-1.jpg
    20210501_142757-1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 462
  • 20210501_104053-1.jpg
    20210501_104053-1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 447
.... A little wipe, I see 1901, Could it be ? Does it have a S mint mark. I didn't break for a commercial, I went right for the wipe. EENNT Fantasy over. ...

Oh So sorry Mark. But you have to understand : We do not allow our key date S mints to cross over the Mississippi. :sissyfight: :cool3:

Mark, congrats on all accounts! You fine collection of a little bit of this and that. Here I am finding a handful of clad and you find handfuls of silvers. Nice find with that Barber, IHPs and of course that war nick. :)

Congrats on another great hunt , especially on the super hard to get Barber Quarter !

SS Thank you, I have been lucky enough to dig one each year since I started mding. My oldest silver is an 1892 Barber quarter (just can't seem to find a seated) and the one I found the other day is my oldest silver fty so far. Now I would like to dig an SLQ. LOL Good luck, Mark

Oh So sorry Mark. But you have to understand : We do not allow our key date S mints to cross over the Mississippi. :sissyfight: :cool3:

Aw Tom c'mon share the wealth brother:yes: It seems that S mint marks do carry a premium on coins. Last year I dug a 1900 S , close. Maybe next time. Take care, Mark

Mark, congrats on all accounts! You fine collection of a little bit of this and that. Here I am finding a handful of clad and you find handfuls of silvers. Nice find with that Barber, IHPs and of course that war nick. :)

John thanks I have been lucky lately but my goal right now is to hit 30fty and put last year where it belongs. And I can't believe the amount of clad you dig. You could buy more silver than most guys dig. Save a little for some Icyhot. Good luck, Mark

Man you’re killing it with that new coil! Congrats on some great finds! In one hunt you’ve found 3 more ihp’s than I’ve found all year!

Looks like that little extra separation might be helping out! Great digs

Man you’re killing it with that new coil! Congrats on some great finds! In one hunt you’ve found 3 more ihp’s than I’ve found all year!

Toad thanks, next to a silver coin an Ihp is my favorite dig so to find 3 in one day is huge for me and can't wait to dig the next one. Good luck, Mark

Congrats on the 3 silver hunt! I have not found a war nickel in quite a while.

Longbow thank you, About a month ago I was starting to think I wouldn't dig a war nickel then I had a spill with 2 and a Buff. Now all of sudden I have 5 fty. I hope to dig a roll of them by years end. Did you say you had a 10x5 on order, so far mine has not disappointed me in the least. Good luck, Mark

Looks like that little extra separation might be helping out! Great digs

TP, The coil, the machine, the program, not sure but they do seem to come together well and you know the saying, if it ain't broke. Good luck, Mark

Great hunt! All kinds of goodies! You are obviously back in the swing of things this year.

Foragist thank you, things are definitely looking up, I hope its a long ride. Good luck, Mark

Excellent Finds !! Congratulations.

Thank you sir and good luck to you. Mark

Wow killer job. Never found a skeleton key.

Jed thanks, that key was the first complete old one I've dug. I like digging locks too. Good luck, Mark

Well done Mark. I haven't been out in a while. Need to get on the ball. You're gonna pass me up on the PA goodies.

Well done Mark. I haven't been out in a while. Need to get on the ball. You're gonna pass me up on the PA goodies.

Thank you Erik and yes your overdue for some treasure, only question, will it be a cool find or will it be earth shattering. You do find some great stuff. Good luck, Mark

Congrats on the silver and other finds Mark!!!

Worm thank you and hope you have been able to get out a little. Good luck, Mark

Awesome group of finds Mark. Love the worn barber, looks like it could tell some stories. What's the ARCO tag. Congrats on the nice assortment.

Back
Top Bottom