VDI #12 Dirt Jackpot

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Since I have not hunted in awhile I decided to go for a short drive and hit a large parcel of some public property.

Coins were sparce but the 14K goldie made up for that. The ring was about 6-7" down and registered a solid 12. The ring has multiple smaller diamonds and surprisingly on my tester are showing good. Especially since the stones are smaller which are less valuable, it seems more plausible. However, I really don't put to much trust in those testers so naturally it should be checked by a jeweler.

Anyway, it sure feels good to find some gold! Thanks for checking it out!

Attachments

• IMG_2778 (1).jpg
    IMG_2778 (1).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_2780 (1).jpg
    IMG_2780 (1).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_2781 (1).jpg
    IMG_2781 (1).jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_2786.jpg
    IMG_2786.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_2788 (1).jpg
    IMG_2788 (1).jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 508
Agreed, the chances of the stones being real are very good, that looks like a very quality ring also! I haven’t ever found much gold in my career, but the ones I have sure were shocking! Just knowing your sitting on at least a couple hundred dollars is a good feeling! At least!

Thank you!

Congrats on the gold! How the heck did you dig the concrete ground?

Steve

Thanks Steve! Most of the ground over here has been rock hard too. And to mention the near unbearable heat. But I was lucky with this location, it was a former pasture so the ground still was able to maintain some moisture.

Thank you!

Agreed, the chances of the stones being real are very good, that looks like a very quality ring also! I haven’t ever found much gold in my career, but the ones I have sure were shocking! Just knowing your sitting on at least a couple hundred dollars is a good feeling! At least!

Thanks IDXMonster! The cluster of the smaller diamonds make the ring appear to have a large mounted diamond. At first by looking at it I thought it was a large diamond. It is amazing how a jeweler can set multi small stones to make the appearance look larger. I am sure it is all based on cost. You and me alike, I don't find much gold either, but it sure makes the hunt that much more rewarding and exciting when a piece is found.

Very nice looking ring John. Congrats on the dirt gold score. Too few and too far in between. That should fetch a nice price if you decide to sell. My only gold this year was a small ring that rang up as a 12 and when I first saw it I thought it was one of those gold pull tabs. Almost threw it in with the trash. Stone was gone as seems to be the case with almost every ring I find. Glad to see you getting out, this heat needs to go away. Swamp ass on my last 3 outings and very little to show for it. At least the rain we've had is starting to loosen things up a bit. Again congrats on the sweet looking ring and the old key is cool find as well. Good luck. Mark

Thank you!

Very nice looking ring John. Congrats on the dirt gold score. Too few and too far in between. That should fetch a nice price if you decide to sell. My only gold this year was a small ring that rang up as a 12 and when I first saw it I thought it was one of those gold pull tabs. Almost threw it in with the trash. Stone was gone as seems to be the case with almost every ring I find. Glad to see you getting out, this heat needs to go away. Swamp ass on my last 3 outings and very little to show for it. At least the rain we've had is starting to loosen things up a bit. Again congrats on the sweet looking ring and the old key is cool find as well. Good luck. Mark

Thanks Mark! I hear you about the weather! With the all the heat and the hard ground conditions has definitely cut into my hunt days. I lucked out on this ring location that ground was okish for the most part. As of late, I been focusing on mid-conductors hoping to find some gold. Finally, after digging up hundreds of nickels this year my aspiration came though! :clapping: It is amazing with all the detectorists and new machines out there, everyday someone finds something that the others have left behind from the day before. Hopefully, you, I and all the rest will find more gold before the end of the year to add to our treasure chest!:workforgold:

Thank you!

I like the dirt-clod reveal and the scale pose. Nice job.

Thanks Tom! Actually, when I first seen the ring in the ground, I thought I was hallucinating. As to if I were in California or at some beech? :?: But when I got my senses together, I realized that miracles can happen outside of a sandbox. :laughing:

Thank you!

Wow, thats a nice one. All the more reason to dig those nickel signals!

Thanks Rattlehead! You said that right about the nickels and thank goodness this time it paid off. Every time, I did dig one of those near nickel signals I'm hoping for the goldies. Now that I found my one gold ring for the year, I can breath a lot easier until next year. ;).

Back
Top Bottom