Sat down in a park in Montana!

Just an absolutely wonderful recovery from a park you've scoured in the past. I've been lucky enough to find one seated dime here in Iowa two years ago. It's a '72 but much more worn and barely legible. Yours is in great shape compared to mine!

Congrats on the Seated dime!

I've found found 3 Seated dimes in 5 years of digging. Which I think is pretty good considering the age of my city. It's crazy there are not really very many posted by people here. I would have thought they were pretty common finds in the much of the eastern and north eastern states. I guess not. What I want to dig now is a Seated half dime and a Seated quarter. They are tops on my bucket list.

Congrats on your first seated, beautiful coin!
Thanks!

I want one of those!!!!
I was very lucky to find this one. !

Sweet! Congrats on an epic find. Great play by play and photos.
Thanks , I only carry my phone when detecting about half the time. Glad I was able to get pics

Thanks !

Thats sooo awesome! Thats goes in the display case!
Thanks ! I'm not very good at cataloging what I find and even worse at trying to display it in any sort of presentable fashion. But I will at least staple it into a coin flip and write the date and time on this one!

Very good indeed! supposedly hunted out can come alive on a different day, different moister, hunting from a different direction. I mean how many of us have gridded a park in two directions?
I have hammered this place to no end but I still manage to find some thing interesting once in a while. Every time I do, It puts me back into focus on being more methodical in my search habits.

Good post and very nice find. OLD SILVER, Congrats
Thank You!

That seated looks FANTASTIC TO ME!! Big time congratulations!
I appreciate the note. It was pretty surreal looking at it when I peeled off the dirt. Totally unexpected but I will take it!

VERY nice
Thanks !

Great find!
Thank You!

Very nice Todd, wow!!! You are sure right, tough to pull a Seated anything in Montana. Congratulations on a wonderful find!
Thanks David, this one was never expected for sure.

Very nice seated dime find. My brother and I hunted a house permission that has tons of history in my town and has given up several civil war buttons and coins as far back to the mid 1700s. In a small patch in the front yard we dug a couple hundred items from and pounded it and pounded it looking for that drape bust half dime on edge ..lol ..and one day I went there and said what the heck I’ll poke around some in front and found a 1856 Canadian half penny that was a clear as day high tone and can not to this day see how we missed that easy of a signal other than it came up in a plug with something else and was deep on edge was missed and put back closer to the surface maybe because we were low and slow hunting that area because of all the great finds. I would like to think that nothing is left behind but that cured me of thinking that
I have beat this park to death and have seen a couple others hunting it as well. I have swung my coil over this same area more than once , But I still managed to miss this one.

Just an absolutely wonderful recovery from a park you've scoured in the past. I've been lucky enough to find one seated dime here in Iowa two years ago. It's a '72 but much more worn and barely legible. Yours is in great shape compared to mine!
Thanks I am beyond thrilled to have found it. Not likely another will come way way anytime soon.

Wow! Very nice. I’m still looking for mine.
It's out there - Don't give up!

I'm really sorry! Thought at first glance it was MTJosh's post, I should have looked closer. Excellent find!
No worries here and completely understandable considering the great finds MTJosh posts on a regular basis.

Congrats on the Seated dime!
Thank you , I was very lucky!

I've found found 3 Seated dimes in 5 years of digging. Which I think is pretty good considering the age of my city. It's crazy there are not rreally very many posted by people here. I would have thought they were pretty common finds in the much of the eastern and north eastern states. I guess not. What I want to dig now is a Seated half dime and a Seated quarter. They are tops on my bucket list.
I would have never thought I could dig a seated anything in my town . I still have some bucket listers like a Barber quarter and a Franklin half and digging this one makes believe a shield nickel might even be possible.
Good Luck !

Oh snap! Holy grail there! Congrats. Love those pics and major congrats on a great coin. I sure hope to find one of those beauties some day.

Back
Top Bottom