New park, finally a silver & 1800s lock.

EmuDetector

Forum Supporter
Well for all the cool things I've found over the years and shared here, one thing that has eluded me is Park Silver. Our parks are usually old farm fields here and so many were filled in at one time or another. But today my best girl and I went out and started hitting around. $4.67 clad, a bucket of trash, and finally a 1941 Mercury in a park! There's silver here outside of the woods! 😅 I think someone beat me to the real treasure though, I managed to find this old lock on the edge of the woods where an old farm stood. With the markings on it, my girl found it in an 1894 catalog.

Thanks for looking!

Nice Park Silver and lock! Ditto with me I actually recently found a Silver Rosie at a local school, of which I rarely ever hunt, so I guess there are a few shiny coins left on public property!

Nice job, park silver is not super easy in my area either. Only ever found one and it was a 40s Merc dime like yours. That's a nice heart-shaped lock.

That is one very cool lock. Looks like somebody took some bolt cutters to it. Congrats on the Merc and a respectable clad haul. I still hunt a couple old pounded city parks and they still give up silver now and then. Good luck. Mark

I don't hunt parks very often so congrats on the Merc! The lock is very cool, never found one that old.

Steve

Thanks guys! I'm not much of a park person either, unless I can get an old map with a house on it. Definitely going to be a revisit on this one.

Back
Top Bottom