Coin Roll Hunting wields Results!

TR Mook

Elite Member
what a week for the coin rolls at work...i didn't find jack sqaut with the detector but here's the haul for this weeks coin rolls at hte dollar general cash register draw.

Two 1957 D Wheats
1950 Wheat
1945 Wheat
1940 Wheat
1939 Nickel
1941 Nickel
1952 Rosie
and my favorite...
1943 silver war nickel in great shape! awesome detail on this coin. usually they are really tarnished and this one was awesome with a great P mint mark.

I love looking through the rolls of coins...i get excited each time i open one up with an average of one wheatie per a roll. The one roll i opened had three wheats in it!

loving my coins,

T.R. Mook

I've been wanting to do the coin roll searching. It sounds like alot of fun. It's basically free because a coin roll has to be at least face value so really theres no loss at all. I have fun just sorting through all my loose change on my free time so I think roll hunting would be a blast, and cheap/free entertainment. It's kind of nice to use to your advantage most peoples lack of caring about coins and/or collecting coins (which isnt wrong at all, to each their own of course) so basically one mans lack of interest is another mans free time fun hobby!

When doing applications looking for work, they have a area for hobbies and special intrests, I always put coin rolling hunting in that spot! It really makes one stand out and be noticed. ;)

I am not sure how many rolls you searched for those results... but you are doing way better than I ever did....went through many, many rolls of halves... looking for Walkers or silver Kennedy's.... never found a single one... I know others who have success as well... just not me.:( HH RickO

I found all those coins in one five hour shift at dollar general...i went through three rolls of pennies, one roll of nickels and one roll of dimes...i got four of those wheats in one roll...it was pretty awesome. my treasure chest at home is getting full.

Use to find the occasional silver in bank rolls at work too. Then the bank where we pull our change orders from changed to coin rolls wrapped in clear plastic. Haven't found one since. Still get plenty of wheats.

Back
Top Bottom