Talk About Fancy UPDATED; Cleaned up great

What did you use to get it cleaned up?

At first I just used baking soda and spit and rubbed with my fingers. That wouldn't take the stain off so I got a q-tip and some simichrome

He did an awesome job on cleaning that up!!

What a beautiful work of art just for lipstick!!

EDIT NOTE: Corrected post due PM from a member

Right, all that for a lipstick case. Course I think the ladies might disagree. Why couldn't it have been a match safe or cigarette case. Whats the saying, some people would complain if you hung em with a new rope:lol: Thanks Ron.

now you've given us all a new bucket-lister to have to find :laughing:

Better get after it Tom.:lol: Of course if you find one it will probably be gold. Ha ha.

Don't know how I missed this thread Mark. Glad I looked back a bit. That sure is some very fine fancy. Don't think I ever seen a piece like that before. Way to recapture some very unique history. Congrats!. Oh; I have done that cutting of live rounds. Sure leaves you with a uncomfortable feeling for sure. Trapper

Thank you Trapper. I doubt I'll ever find anything else that fancy. It will take front and center in my display case. Good luck. Mark

Very cool Mark! Did you test it for silver? Looks like it should be. Congrats!

Thank you. No did not test it. But the ones on line all say 800 silver and in the clean up pics I finally noticed on the slide the 800 and makers mark Hard to see but I wish I could get a lead on the maker. And I'll say it again, I sure hope this ain't my coolest find, not sayin I ain't happy with it but not something I would dream about finding. lol Good luck. Mark

Back
Top Bottom