• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My 1st ever permission

hawgdawg

Forum Supporter
About 14 years ago I built an addition onto a customers house that was built around 1890. I am now doing a few small projects for them, and am now building 1 of their daughters one of those tiny homes built on a trailer frame. So , yesterday I was talking with the husband and we walked out across the field and he showed me an old bottle dump that he goes to once in a while where he says he goes for peace and quiet . I mentioned my interest in metal detecting, he said he's been curious about the hobby and watches all the shows about it on TV. So he says I can hunt anywhere I want to on their 15 acres. Wooohooo!!!! He then tells me he lost a small gold wedding band years back , and showed me the area that he thinks it may be in. He even said if I found it , I could have it. Well, we all know that ain't happening. That's going to be the 1st thing I look for, and I really hope I will be able to return it to him.
So it looks like I'll be cleaning out the front seat of my truck, and I'll be throwing the seat belt on the F-70 , and I'll have a new riding partner next week. Hopefully good stories to come.

Thanks for the well wishes guys . I'm going to use the F-70 , and may take the Compadre just in case the 70 gets to smart for me . :laughing: I've got to read up on how best to use the 70. I want to thank Mr Mudpuppy for giving me the great deal on the 70, now I've just got to learn the thing.
If I can figure out how to post pics I'll try to show some pics of the place next week also.

Alright! Yeah! Remember to do a Factory Reset...then just pick a set of tones you like and start there! Try out that NEL coil on it...just remember to Reset when you change coils....Hey, when you get a chance, besides the finds, post up some pictures of that Tiny House you are working on...We'd like to see that!

If you need to, you can call me on my cell while you are out in field with that 70 if you have a question...You still got my Number? PM me if you need it...

Alright! Yeah! Remember to do a Factory Reset...then just pick a set of tones you like and start there! Try out that NEL coil on it...just remember to Reset when you change coils....Hey, when you get a chance, besides the finds, post up some pictures of that Tiny House you are working on...We'd like to see that!

If you need to, you can call me on my cell while you are out in field with that 70 if you have a question...You still got my Number? PM me if you need it...

Thanks Mud, I've still got your number. I appreciate your willingness to help me out, it means a lot. I didn't even think about doing a reset when changing coils . Little reminders like this could make the whole day of detecting worthwhile, or completely worthless. Thanks for that info. I'm going to try and do an hour or so each day, I'm hoping to be done this week. It's going to be hard to keep my mind on working tho. I will try and get some pics of the tiny house. I think she should have done things differently to be able to make better use of the space , but it's her little house, and she's pretty set in her ways , ( hardheaded ) :lol:. I will get my daughter to teach me how to post pics so I can show them to you. Wish me luck , hopefully I'll have some decent finds to post. I'm not expecting a whole lot, just mainly looking forward to being able to detect.

Good luck with the hunt man. It sounds like a great spot and the owner sounds cool too. Yep, it would be neat if you could find the ring he lost. I'd probably take both machines and offer him a chance to swing one too. Who knows, he may come up with some other spots for you to hunt. Congrats on the new machine as well! HH

Find that ring!

Last year I responded to a request to find a lost ring. Took me two days but boy has the payback been great. The owner and I have become good friends which was reward enough. But he's a retired attorney with a lot of influence and he has gotten me permissions that are unbelievable. He owns 70+ acres of lakefront property which has an old 1870s homesite once owned by 2 brothers who were seacaptains. I have run of the place and have found some nice coins and relics. He has also gotten me permissions from some of his friends who own old riverfront mansions. He called me yesterday to tell me one of his old clients died and he's taking me to hunt her 150 year old property.

I'm overwhelmed by his generosity and have to figure out how I'm going to get to all of these places. But it's a great problem to have

Find that ring!

Last year I responded to a request to find a lost ring. Took me two days but boy has the payback been great. The owner and I have become good friends which was reward enough. But he's a retired attorney with a lot of influence and he has gotten me permissions that are unbelievable. He owns 70+ acres of lakefront property which has an old 1870s homesite once owned by 2 brothers who were seacaptains. I have run of the place and have found some nice coins and relics. He has also gotten me permissions from some of his friends who own old riverfront mansions. He called me yesterday to tell me one of his old clients died and he's taking me to hunt her 150 year old property.

I'm overwhelmed by his generosity and have to figure out how I'm going to get to all of these places. But it's a great problem to have

Wow , it sure sounds like you are set for sure. looking forward to some pics from that 100 year old property, keeping my fingers crossed for you for some awesome finds.

Back
Top Bottom