• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

For those that own a mojave and compadre...

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
I would like to see a head to head depth test. I'm just curious as to how much deeper the mojave is.

I-love-you-this-much1.jpg

Probably a little less, don't have one so I don't really know.
Sounds like a bit more power on the new one so at least a couple of inches from all the reports I am seeing, the low-high mineral switch might actually make finding a bit deeper items more noticeable, also.

I am also curious and await some scientific data from some test beds in both good and mineralized soils.
In my rough soil loaded with extra iron where even the Vaq gets pretty pitiful depth I am not sure this one would work all that much better than my Compadre but hopefully someone around here will get one so we can find out.

Yeah I would like to know this also...even against a modded compadre i would like to know the depth comparisons. Someone will do this, we just have to wait :timer::impatient::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting:

I live here in western Colorado where I deal with some of the worst soil you can imagine. Alkali patches and 3 to 4 bar FE soil on F75. I will go out this morn and flag targets with the CTX from the 4 to 7 in range and test the 8in Compadre and Mojave against the targets and see how they compare. I have to run the a Mojave with the high mineral switch on all the time here so can at least tell you how it does un my soil.

I live here in western Colorado where I deal with some of the worst soil you can imagine. Alkali patches and 3 to 4 bar FE soil on F75. I will go out this morn and flag targets with the CTX from the 4 to 7 in range and test the 8in Compadre and Mojave against the targets and see how they compare. I have to run the a Mojave with the high mineral switch on all the time here so can at least tell you how it does un my soil.

Cool, thanks! We're eagerly awaiting your results:woohoo:

So far, the results are about the same on fine grain (not gram) gold but just shy 2" better on a dime. The ground switch will probably fare better on some soils.:cool:

View attachment 376934

Probably a little less, don't have one so I don't really know.
Sounds like a bit more power on the new one so at least a couple of inches from all the reports I am seeing, the low-high mineral switch might actually make finding a bit deeper items more noticeable, also.

I am also curious and await some scientific data from some test beds in both good and mineralized soils.
In my rough soil loaded with extra iron where even the Vaq gets pretty pitiful depth I am not sure this one would work all that much better than my Compadre but hopefully someone around here will get one so we can find out.

:lol::lol::lol: That is HILARIOUS!! :lol::lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom