Rare beach find...3 cents worth of silver

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Out this morning with the Explorer II and a borrowed scoop as my RTG is at the welder's again:roll: Strategy again today was to pick a random spot on the slope and begin excavating until hopefully I'd hit original sand after a few feet of overburden and then expand the hole outwards. This worked out well yesterday as I found some wheats, a Buffalo and a couple silvers...So today after 10 minutes of digging I pick up the Ex II, scan the pile and hear a smooth clean mid tone...but the cursor is stuck on the top right of the screen where silver hangs out:?: so I sift thru the pile and find this:shock: Wish I could say the rest of the hunt went as well but I'd be lying:laughing: I only found one other coin, a clad dime...a cool little elephant, a few bullets and a bit of scrap Silver #13... not sure how clean I can get this side Not a bucket lister as I dug a 1859 silver 3 center 4 years ago while dirt hunting, but I'm extremely happy to have recovered another knowing how hard these tiny coins are to find...so until the next outing, thanks for the looks and Happy Hunting!

Whaaaa? a sand Trime? Yeah...thats a very rare hit there! Congratulations! I know all about that pulltab if you are interested...

Awesome find Bruce. I gotta say, I thought your technique was insane but it works! Congrats on the trime! Thats still on my bucket list.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom