Time to create a business card

MattLock

Elite Member
I think it's time to start expanding my hunt ground options. The first step is to make my business card ,if you guys made you own could you post them for ideas Am creating my own right now.

Last edited:
My simple card for asking permission ... (details withheld :p )

My next card will probably have more info regarding services I can offer them etc... this is something quick I put together so I would have something to hand out with letters or people in the public...

Attachments

• kking.jpg
    kking.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 532
Mattlock, I think that a picture of a toy that you've found might be a better choice. Nothing for anyone to take offense at, a matchbox car, or a tootise toy or something along those lines.
My card is going to be just my name and phone number. I can add whatever details the moment calls for on the back. Anyway, I do think that some type of card is a good idea.

Mattlock, I think that a picture of a toy that you've found might be a better choice. Nothing for anyone to take offense at, a matchbox car, or a tootise toy or something along those lines.
My card is going to be just my name and phone number. I can add whatever details the moment calls for on the back. Anyway, I do think that some type of card is a good idea.

Ok good thinking. But what exactly did you think the item was It's only a roof cresting.

I gave it a try, but it didnt work very well...I didnt get one call back! Too bad since they looked cool!

Had a big Skull and crossbones on the front, with YARD PIRATE in bold letters...then underneath, my name...Johnny Grasskiller...:laughing:

I gave it a try, but it didnt work very well...I didnt get one call back! Too bad since they looked cool!

Had a big Skull and crossbones on the front, with YARD PIRATE in bold letters...then underneath, my name...Johnny Grasskiller...:laughing:

Mud, Im incredibly surprised that Johnny Grasskiller didn't get very good results, especially with such a warm and inspiring piece of art work on the card. That's just crazy.

Mud, Im incredibly surprised that Johnny Grasskiller didn't get very good results, especially with such a warm and inspiring piece of art work on the card. That's just crazy.

I know right? Unbelievable! Maybe I'll give this 'Business Card' thing another go?...perhaps a Backhoe picture? Make up an alternate fake name like "Doug Sprinklerhead?" :laughing:

Last edited:
Ok good thinking. But what exactly did you think the item was It's only a roof cresting.

I'm gonna hafta agree with Brother Casroc here Matt...A Roof Cresting? Truth be told, to the general public, it looks like a Poisonous Ninja Shurikin!...Like you are some sort of Jap Yard Assassin!...:laughing:

FWIW, I wouldnt use the word "Hobbiest" either...Something more official sounding? Like 'Free Termite/Fire Ant Spec', 'Residential Bomb Squad Remediation', 'Gas Leak Inspector'?....

Thinking a bit deeper here, I'd go with the 'Gas Leak Inspector' and not even bother to door knock or ask permission!...Get a chartreause vest from the Home Depot, and go hunt all the yards you please! Anybody comes outside to question...just hand over your card and tell them, "Nothing to worry about, go back indoors, stay away from the windows"! :laughing:

Last edited:
Just my .02... I thought it was smart to hand out cards too and found out that it was too "official" and kept getting turned down for permissions as they thought I was some company (in my case magazine) and felt it was too formal, and not just hobbiest. Just my observation with cards....

Hand em a phone number and ask to call if they change their minds if they say no....

Reason I say this, I HAD permission to detect a place and thought it a good idea to hand him a card... next thing I knew he didn't want me to detect anymore...:roll:

I admit that I had no idea what your picture was, but you want to do whatever you can create a relaxed environment when asking for permission. Actually if you want to put a picture on your card, comsider a toy, a key and a button. Leave coins, jewelry or anything that might be considered " valuable " off, or a the very least downplayed. Some people just can't understand that that heavily worn silver dime you found might only bring 50 cents if you tried to sell it at a coin shop. Their only experience with precious metals is at a jewelry store. What I'm trying to get at is, keep it simple and fun.

I admit that I had no idea what your picture was, but you want to do whatever you can create a relaxed environment when asking for permission. Actually if you want to put a picture on your card, comsider a toy, a key and a button. Leave coins, jewelry or anything that might be considered " valuable " off, or a the very least downplayed. Some people just can't understand that that heavily worn silver dime you found might only bring 50 cents if you tried to sell it at a coin shop. Their only experience with precious metals is at a jewelry store. What I'm trying to get at is, keep it simple and fun.

Yeah I thought about that when putting my favorite coin then decided not too

I think I'll use this image I've already turned it into a PNG might chose a template with more color on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 468
Back
Top Bottom