• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Susan B, silver plate, and silver ring!

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
Met up with a hunting buddy at a nearby park today before the next wave of cold weather hits. We've hit this park many times, and its an OK reproducer for the clad. Within 10 minutes, I found the silver ring about 1" down - 2nd silver of 2017! I worked my way along a sidewalk to the tot lot where I found the Susan B, and the silver plate with the stone that was at the bottom of a slide. Then the sleet came in so it was time to pack up and head home.

101_4330.jpg

101_4340.jpg

Despite the chill, it was a good hunt! Thanks for looking and HH.

Can't argue with those pickings. Don't think I've ever pulled a Susie. My oldest took a school field trip to DC a couple years ago and came back with a pocket full of them. I guess that's what the spit out in the vending machines over there or something.

congratulations. Wondered
if you were out and about yet!!
Finally seeing dirt around here.
Was going to go out with a neighbor Saturday that got a detector for Christmas
and see what he gets for signals even tho the ground was froze, but wound up catching a cold first so this week was shot.

Nice ring for sure, congrats!

Thanks sweeper.

Congrats on the sterling and the rest of the digs...nice hunt!

Thank you

Nice save! Those xterra 705s are really
great at seeing things in junk.

Thank you. I love it. The high moisture level in the ground caused me to back off the sensitivity a bit, but it will pick out the goodie amidst the iron.

Looks like a good hunt...congrats on the Susan B.! Don't see a lot of those...

Thanks. Found a few of them, but this one was in the best condition so far.

Can't argue with those pickings. Don't think I've ever pulled a Susie. My oldest took a school field trip to DC a couple years ago and came back with a pocket full of them. I guess that's what the spit out in the vending machines over there or something.

Thank you. Rang up like a quarter...wasnt very deep either.

Very nice!

Thank you.

Nice mix , looks like ya had fun , HH

Thanks. Its always fun!

Great finds, congratulations.

Thank you.

congratulations. Wondered
if you were out and about yet!!
Finally seeing dirt around here.
Was going to go out with a neighbor Saturday that got a detector for Christmas
and see what he gets for signals even tho the ground was froze, but wound up catching a cold first so this week was shot.

Thanks Brian. A little setback with the latest WX. Found a 1909 BIL street map at the library which brought up some potential hunting spots. Give me a buzz next time your coming here either by plane or car.

Nice congrats!

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom