Six Silvers in the hunted out yard

zach66604

Elite Member
Went door knocking in Topeka after work. I tried three houses one the same block, but it was quickly evident that the yards were picked clean, so I moved over a block. I knocked on a door, and saw two boys peeking out the window. Their mom opened the door, and gave me a yes, but warned that her boys had scoured the yard very hard with their own metal detectors. After finding a wheat halfway through my first swing I had high hopes. I ended up with 6 silvers, 8 wheats, and a buff. This yard had a million good signals, so I cherry picked the deeper ones, and left the easy shallow ones for the kids to find. Before I left I showed the kids my finds, and told them that there were a lot more signals out there for them. I also gave them each a 1942 merc, and some wheat cents. They were very excited, and I hope that they continue to be interested in metal detecting.
First picture is the whole lot before I parted with some of my treasure. Second picture is after cleaning. I also threw in the Zippo I found over the weekend.
picture.php

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom