Church of the Mojave

..And my Mojave should be here any day. Was supposed to be today, but was a no show. Mine was shipped "FedEx Smart Post", which seems pretty slow.

The 11x8 isn't my favorite coil, but I'll check it out on the Mojave...after it shows up. If you haven't heard anything from anyone after a while remind me to try it out and give my thoughts. :neutral:

I didn't like it on the Silver sabre II but love it on the Deleon.I was just wondering how it does on the Mojave since they put the Delta RSD on a Cibola. Target separation is second to none when it works well the machine, compared to other Tesoro coils.

I am joining the church. Wont make a good preacher, but I can sing. Called Rusty this morning . He only had 2 left to sell at the time. Well, I got mine. I am having it sent to my sisters house in the states. I am still in the Philippines. I don't want it sent here. I will have a new detector when I get home in the end of March.. Now I can not wait to get home... KEN

Mojave

I'm in. Interested to try the new 7" coil. I have an original Silver Sabre in need of a coil and this new 7" just might be the ticket.

Rich

Last edited:
I've been tempted seeing I love my Compadres but oddly enough I was looking at the Eurotek Pro with 11" but then saw the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro... which just seems feature rich

I feel my Compadres will find anything a Mojave will....

First time out and TWO Barbers for Mojave..

Hey folks, just got my Mojave yesterday and was out with it for about two hours between storms today. Found TWO Barbers and an early wheatie with it.

Mojave is tops for cheap thrills!

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 590
bet not...

I've been tempted seeing I love my Compadres but oddly enough....I feel my Compadres will find anything a Mojave will....

Compadres are great too (I've used several), but Mojave really is tweaked for more power. The "low" GB setting is a bit negative, and the sensitivity a fair bit higher. I see better depth with Mojave than the Compadres had, and I can run different coils. I like it! :bouncie:

It's time for my next step from the compadre. Think the mojave may be the ticket. A little more power and I can probably use the ground switch as a few dried lake shore I've hunted the compadre would get a little chattery in the cracked areas. Waiting for a few things to sell on eBay and I'll have some capital. Hopefully there will be one available.

Dig It All

Noah

Tabzilla, I ordered one because Kellyco had them listed as in stock.

They now have them listed as "call now". I don't know what that means exactly but I think it means they don't have many or any.

Metal detectors.com has them as "in stock"

Surprised that there are no used Compadres for sale yet by those who have bought the Mojave and also own a Compadre.

The compadre can't be replaced for certain tasks.
I mean what else is going to hit on a gold/silver
earring an inch or two away from a metal swing/playground post.
Maybe the Mojave too??? Time will tell.

Dig It All

Noah

Last edited:
Surprised that there are no used Compadres for sale yet by those who have bought the Mojave and also own a Compadre.

The Compadre isn't expensive to begin with and it comes with a lifetime warranty, so selling one for next to nothing doesn't make really good sense. It makes a great loaner detector, because it's so easy to use. Take a kid detecting or give your Compadre to a deserving kid.

beephead

I'm about to buy a Tesoro for my girlfriend for her first metal detector. After seeing how this puppy works it's impressed me, seems like it overlooks iron and does a heck of a job picking out the goodies. She has been running my Garret ace with me and I'm hoping she ends up like this. The thing is I hope she hasn't got spoiled on the VDI numbers and know what she digging before she gets her shovel in the ground. How are these machine's with pinpointing is it pretty easy?

I'm about to buy a Tesoro for my girlfriend for her first metal detector. After seeing how this puppy works it's impressed me, seems like it overlooks iron and does a heck of a job picking out the goodies. She has been running my Garret ace with me and I'm hoping she ends up like this. The thing is I hope she hasn't got spoiled on the VDI numbers and know what she digging before she gets her shovel in the ground. How are these machine's with pinpointing is it pretty easy?

Pin-pointing doesn't get any easier. Depending on the site she may have you outgunned with the Mojave. After finding one gold ring, she will be hooked.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom