Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-18-2020, 05:12 PM
DIGGER27's Avatar
DIGGER27 DIGGER27 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and Kansas
Posts: 15,283
Default Eddie Haskell passes at 76...

Ken Osmond passed away which is so weird to me because METV runs two episodes of Leave it to Beaver every weekday morning from 7-8am and my wife loves watching the Beaver when he was so young and cute so we switch back and forth between that show and the news.
Seems like he is still alive, still young and still needs to be slapped around a bit, to me.
He was also pretty lucky.
He was only supposed to have a guest shot on one show but he so impressed the producers he ended up becoming an important prime member for the whole run of the series.
He acted a bit more after but he realized he was type-casted so he became a cop and did that job for years.
He was shot at 5 times during one encounter but his vest took four bullets and his belt buckle deflected the last.

RIP Mr. Osmond...I enjoyed your portrayal of the most annoying pest for years in my youth and even today.

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...t-76/24347624/

__________________
If attacked by a pack of clowns...go for the juggler! "
I currently use a Nox, an F70, and a Mojave...plus a retired F2 and Compadre still stand at the ready for guests.

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2  
Old 05-18-2020, 05:44 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 6,113
Default

Yep, I watched "Leave it to Beaver" growing up as a young kid when it originally aired, one of favorite episodes was when Beaver fell into the "teacup" up on the billboard.

Ken did do a really good job portraying the "Eddie Haskell" character, reminded me of this edited pic I posted a good while back:
Name:  jerrymathers1detect5.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  134.8 KB

__________________
Gary
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Cen-Tech Pinpointer
other (occasional) hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
  #3  
Old 05-18-2020, 06:13 PM
DIGGER27's Avatar
DIGGER27 DIGGER27 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and Kansas
Posts: 15,283
Default

Originally Posted by GKL View post
Yep, I watched "Leave it to Beaver" growing up as a young kid when it originally aired, one of favorite episodes was when Beaver fell into the "teacup" up on the billboard.

Ken did do a really good job portraying the "Eddie Haskell" character, reminded me of this edited pic I posted a good while back:
Attachment 465609
The "teacup" episode, the "Gus and the Net" episode, the one where Beaver was catching frogs for money but let them all go when he found out their fate was to be dissected and more were all pretty simple by today's standard but still entertaining.
The one where Wally's date was pushed into a fountain by some drunk dad after a party was pretty cool, too.
Eddie giving Beaver a ton of grief when he was afraid to ride the roller coaster was funny, especially after the Beave ultimately enjoyed the ride and Eddie passed out on the thing.
There was one where Ward paid Eddie, Lumpy and Wally to clean out the garage, or something, and take all the junk to the dump but Eddie had the bright idea to toss it all on an empty lot and keep all the dump money themselves.
Would have gotten away with it too except they left a magazine or something on the lot with Ward's name and address on it and the owner confronted a very confused Ward about it.
Then Eddie freaked out...hilariously, of course.

Good times, good times.

__________________
If attacked by a pack of clowns...go for the juggler! "
I currently use a Nox, an F70, and a Mojave...plus a retired F2 and Compadre still stand at the ready for guests.

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #4  
Old 05-18-2020, 06:30 PM
diggin4clad's Avatar
diggin4clad diggin4clad is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Eastern Connecticut
Posts: 3,638
Default

I used to watch that show every week and Eddie Haskell was my favorite character on the show. RIP "Eddie".....

__________________
Garrett AT MAX - Garrett ATPro - Garrett Ace 400 -White's Digmaster - Garrett Pro Pointer 2 - Garrett Z-Lynk AT ProPointer

Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 05-18-2020, 07:15 PM
amc rulz's Avatar
amc rulz amc rulz is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: southern mich
Posts: 4,417
Default

Eddie was an American rebel, will be missed.
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 05-18-2020, 07:23 PM
MuddyMo MuddyMo is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: North Missouri unfortunately
Posts: 816
Default

He was the best part of that show. RIP Ken
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 05-18-2020, 07:57 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 6,113
Default

Originally Posted by DIGGER27 View post
The "teacup" episode, the "Gus and the Net" episode, the one where Beaver was catching frogs for money but let them all go when he found out their fate was to be dissected and more were all pretty simple by today's standard but still entertaining.
The one where Wally's date was pushed into a fountain by some drunk dad after a party was pretty cool, too.
Eddie giving Beaver a ton of grief when he was afraid to ride the roller coaster was funny, especially after the Beave ultimately enjoyed the ride and Eddie passed out on the thing.
There was one where Ward paid Eddie, Lumpy and Wally to clean out the garage, or something, and take all the junk to the dump but Eddie had the bright idea to toss it all on an empty lot and keep all the dump money themselves.
Would have gotten away with it too except they left a magazine or something on the lot with Ward's name and address on it and the owner confronted a very confused Ward about it.
Then Eddie freaked out...hilariously, of course.

Good times, good times.
If I scanned thru the episodes I just might find where Beaver gave me some neat ideas as a kid

Here is the IMDB for the series:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050032/

and here is a list of the episodes (6 seasons)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050032...f_=tt_eps_sn_1

__________________
Gary
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Cen-Tech Pinpointer
other (occasional) hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #8  
Old 05-18-2020, 10:04 PM
KingTotsalot's Avatar
KingTotsalot KingTotsalot is offline
Official Tot Lot King
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 8,916
Default

KT admires him as a professional policeman...another true American hero!

__________________
BH Tracker IV, Tesoro Compadre, ATPro, Honda Ruckus 49cc (Royal Steed), Tacoma (Royal Chariot)

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #9  
Old 05-21-2020, 04:21 PM
maxxkatt's Avatar
maxxkatt maxxkatt is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: North Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,907
Default

Ken was a great foil for Wally and The Beaver.

Great show were many of the 50's shows.

Is it just me? I cannot get into any TV network shows except reruns of Two and 1/2 men and Big bang theory. All the other current shows on network TV leave me cold. Absolutely no interests. Everything else I watch is streaming off netflix or prime.
Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 05-21-2020, 06:24 PM
amc rulz's Avatar
amc rulz amc rulz is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: southern mich
Posts: 4,417
Default

Originally Posted by maxxkatt View post
Ken was a great foil for Wally and The Beaver.

Great show were many of the 50's shows.

Is it just me? I cannot get into any TV network shows except reruns of Two and 1/2 men and Big bang theory. All the other current shows on network TV leave me cold. Absolutely no interests. Everything else I watch is streaming off netflix or prime.
Two and 1/2 men is great.
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.