• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Heading Out Today... UPDATE

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
This week has been crazy with finds and money. Wednesday at 6 went to see what was wrong with a boat. Vibrated really bad. Both propellers were wrapped in weeds. Cleared them off and he was good to go. At 10pm that night got a call about a drowning phone and went and saved that. Yesterday I get a call about a bow thruster on a huge Carver that broke. I took off the propeller and found only the sear pin was broke. Installed a new one and it was good to go. While doing that the marina asked if I could find the remote for their boat lift. One of the workers dropped in in the lake. I said sure. Less than 10 minutes later a guy asks me if I could find a 700.00 pair of glasses under his boat and I said absolutely. I found both of them and the three jobs in one marina paid great.

Today I am taking my cruiser out in the lake to play at one of the party spots. Hopefully I will find something interesting. Will be on later. Stay tuned

Attachments

• e662e689d6083873f5093233f45956bd--funny-cartoons-funny-comics.jpg
    e662e689d6083873f5093233f45956bd--funny-cartoons-funny-comics.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Ssheek, once in a blue moon we land hunters get called out to find an item. But you are besieged with "save the day missions" non-stop ! Simply crazy.

Great stories ! Good on you !

Well it sure was cold out there. Water is super high and waves were kicking up. I came ahead with 77¢. Two quarters, 2 dimes and 7 pennies.

Also got a call for a pair of sunglasses that were lost last September. I went to the marina and all I could feel were sticks and muck. I asked him what the frames were made of. METAL was the answer!! Got out my trusty CZ-21 and found them about 6" down in the muck. On the way home I get another call about a cell phone in a marina. Told him I would be right there. Not only was his in the brink, but so was his wife's from last week. I went down and got both. Two more happy customers. His still worked, his wife's will need charging.

This is what the water looks like I am detecting in. Mud puddle

Ok.. I gotta know.... surely there must have been a time when you got really scared or something treacherous has happened .
Do tell...

A bit scared yes. Ran out of air 35 foot deep in a river. I was able to surface though.

You don't panic underwater. Water kills and kills fast.

I had air lines break, wrapped in line, boats come way too close, I just keep my head and get out of the situation. You have to keep calm in the conditions I dive in

What about the huge fish? I hear stories about the divers in the river down here coming across huge catfish. I know that there have been some really large ones caught so they must be in there.

A bit scared yes. Ran out of air 35 foot deep in a river. I was able to surface though.

You don't panic underwater. Water kills and kills fast.

I had air lines break, wrapped in line, boats come way too close, I just keep my head and get out of the situation. You have to keep calm in the conditions I dive in
Well , I guess if something truly bad happened you wouldn't be here to talk about your great stories ! Ever do any cave dives ? Once while free diving in Hawaii , I came upon a giant sea turtle in a small cave. Scared the bejesus out of me. Thought I was going to drown ! Never did that again.

What about the huge fish? I hear stories about the divers in the river down here coming across huge catfish. I know that there have been some really large ones caught so they must be in there.

Just last week while diving in the Detroit river a fish grabbed my bootie and shook my foot hard. NO IDEA what it was, muskie or catfish. startled me at first but I laughed.

In Okinawa in the late 1970's we went for a night dive off a rubber dingy. Dropped in and turned on our lights. Sea snakes everywhere we could look. Couldn't get back in the dingy fast enough. One was even in my face staring in my mask. Spooky but we didn't get bit.

Ok.. I gotta know.... surely there must have been a time when you got really scared or something treacherous has happened .
Do tell...

Do LEO encounter/interactions count as "treacherous" ? :whistle: :hornetsnest:

Just last week while diving in the Detroit river a fish grabbed my bootie and shook my foot hard. NO IDEA what it was, muskie or catfish. startled me at first but I laughed.

In Okinawa in the late 1970's we went for a night dive off a rubber dingy. Dropped in and turned on our lights. Sea snakes everywhere we could look. Couldn't get back in the dingy fast enough. One was even in my face staring in my mask. Spooky but we didn't get bit.

Sea snakes everywhere ? I'm not even sleeping yet and that's giving me nightmares.

Back
Top Bottom