• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My new goto Nox 600 settings.

Bajanick

Elite Member
I have been hunting exclusively in park 1 with little modification to the other settings.

While testing and playing around I have determined that Field 2 with tones on 2, but I am

only hearing one tone :?: (maybe because I have everything notched out below 11) and other

settings at stock works great. It gets deep targets but also small targets as well but have to

lower sens depending on loction and soil, that would be done anyway though.

:detector:

I have been hunting exclusively in park 1 with little modification to the other settings.

While testing and playing around I have determined that Field 2 with tones on 2, but I am

only hearing one tone :?: (maybe because I have everything notched out below 11) and other

settings at stock works great. It gets deep targets but also small targets as well but have to

lower sens depending on loction and soil, that would be done anyway though.

:detector:

Have you tried listening with your horseshoe button engaged???
To see if you hear iron tone?

I set my recovery speed at 2 on my 600 while running sensitivity around 17-19. Of course the soil where we all hunt is different so obviously my settings may not work for someone else. I lIke the recovery speed at 2, probably because I have owned a few Minelab X-terra detectors over the years and always had better luck with a slower swing speed. I like to hunt in 5 tones and usually stay in Park 1. I also have the 6" coil which I absolutely love to swing. It picks through trashy areas like a laser in parks, tot-lots, schoolyards. It goes surprisingly deep for its size too.:yes:

Have you tried listening with your horseshoe button engaged???
To see if you hear iron tone?

No, I mainly search for coins so I probably dont want to hear everything. Maybe I will play with it next time I am out.

I set my recovery speed at 2 on my 600 while running sensitivity around 17-19. Of course the soil where we all hunt is different so obviously my settings may not work for someone else. I lIke the recovery speed at 2, probably because I have owned a few Minelab X-terra detectors over the years and always had better luck with a slower swing speed. I like to hunt in 5 tones and usually stay in Park 1. I also have the 6" coil which I absolutely love to swing. It picks through trashy areas like a laser in parks, tot-lots, schoolyards. It goes surprisingly deep for its size too.:yes:

Yes, I play around with the swing speed depending on where i am at and which coil I am using.

Today I started off in Park 1 then went over the same area with Field 2 and I am now seeing the difference. I was hunting a trashy grass strip and when I switched to Field 2, all the tiny little objects showed their evil heads.

Back
Top Bottom